Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire in Villaroger / Le Pré

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there - we're off to Villaroger (Le Pré) in Les Arcs (with Mountain Sun) over new year and need to hire skis for my daughter to pick up when we arrive in the morning.

The only place I can find in Villaroger/Le-Pré is via rental republic:
http://rentalrepublic.co.uk/resorts-we-cover/paradiski-les-arcs/villaroger/

Is anyone aware of any other options?

Also, their level-3 (out of 4) seems right for her, but none of the skis listed seem to be "twin tip" which she says she wants - seems odd, unless I am looking at it wrong.

Any help appreciated snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simonx wrote:
Hi there - we're off to Villaroger (Le Pré) in Les Arcs (with Mountain Sun) over new year and need to hire skis for my daughter to pick up when we arrive in the morning.

The only place I can find in Villaroger/Le-Pré is via rental republic:
http://rentalrepublic.co.uk/resorts-we-cover/paradiski-les-arcs/villaroger/

Is anyone aware of any other options?

Also, their level-3 (out of 4) seems right for her, but none of the skis listed seem to be "twin tip" which she says she wants - seems odd, unless I am looking at it wrong.

Any help appreciated snowHead

Villaroger is a no-horse town sort of place. There's erm a bar restaurant and that's about it. I'm impressed you've found a single rental shop myself.

If it's a major drama then provided you arrive at sensible times then see if you can get MS to stop for 15/20 at the intersport in bourg and rent kit from there. Much bigger range of kit I'm sure, and no doubt twin tips.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks Bertie - we're driving from Albertville first thing. so Intersport/Bourg might be a good option thanks.
What does MS mean?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ah just realised my daughter is nothing if not fussy - always has to change boots or skis after 1 day Sad
probably best to stick to Villaroger or nearby
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Villaroger doesn't have a ski shop (or any other shop, I think). The service you noted above is a delivery to your door.

Villaroger is a delightful, really old, completely undeveloped French village that happens to give you an entry to one end of the Les Arcs ski area (the opposite end to the La Plagne link). It is at the bottom of a very special run and lots of very steep off piste which needs a guide, if you are up to it (the off-piste area behind the Aiguille Rouge is a National Park so you have to have a guide to ski in it anyway). It really isn't the place if you want the facilities of a resort.

Other than Bourg St M, there is also ski rental at Ste Foy across the valley from Villaroger. It is a village with a resort up a road above it . It is closer but you still need transport to get across there. Not sure if there is a shop in the village (I think so) or only in the resort. You might consider a day skiing at Ste Foy - it is a very good area (I think you get a day there on the Les Arcs liftpass).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rental Republic don't have a shop in Villaroger, they will deliver skis to you. If you want to change them, you will need to wait until they can get back out to you. In busy weeks, this could mean a wait of a couple of days.

If being able to make quick changes is important, and you are driving, I'd rent from Polaire Star at the bottom of the funicular in Bourg. Stop off on your way over to Villaroger and pick up. If you need to change mid-week, just ski across to Arc 1600 and get the funi down.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't forget to work out the logistics for returning the hired stuff at the end of the holiday.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simonx, speak to Mountain Sun - they will sort it out for you
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
simonx wrote:
thanks Bertie - we're driving from Albertville first thing. so Intersport/Bourg might be a good option thanks.
What does MS mean?

MS as in Mountain Sun - I'd assumed you were on their transfer bus...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Find out if Rental Republic has a shop somewhere in the ski area. If your daughter wants to change, then ski there with her. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Find out if Rental Republic has a shop somewhere in the ski area

Rental Republic is not a "bricks and mortar" shop. They ONLY do gear deliveries. They claim to have a one-hour response time for problems though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stevomcd wrote:
Quote:

Find out if Rental Republic has a shop somewhere in the ski area

Rental Republic is not a "bricks and mortar" shop. They ONLY do gear deliveries. They claim to have a one-hour response time for problems though.

I never personally used them, but when I worked seasons from 2010-2012 I had friends in other resorts who had Rental Republic as their customers' ski suppliers, and they were very complimentary about them. And after using a different mobile supplier (Ski Higher in Meribel) and being very sceptical beforehand, after seeing their excellent service in action throughout the season I have to say I'm most impressed. They even met people on the slopes (promptly) who had problems with their skis and saved them the hassle of trudging all the way back in to resort to the hire shop.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy