Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel Prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All, is it me, or do these make little sense?

One way for me is 72. Yet I can buy a day return trip for 53. Anything stopping one from buying the day return and simply not turning up for the return journey back to Dover (because you'd be bowling along on your way to the Alps, rather than returning from your day booze cruise)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, T &Cs say that if you don't use the return part, they have the right to charge you for the unused return price as if you had booked a normal return. Ive not heard about anyone who has, but the only way you could get away with it is if you cancel the card immediately after getting on the tunnel, or paying cash. But the walk up charge will be more that the individual single fair, if that makes sense.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Same as ferries, they do try to stop people from doing this. Maybe try phoning up and saying your car engine blew up in the middle of France, take a ferry home and claim your car was transported back by the breakdown company wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They scan your registration plate. So if you don't return as per your ticket, they'll just charge you the extra for the one-way journey. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They have number plate recognition so if you then return by Eurotunnel, I expect they will detect the fact that you did not use the return portion of a previous ticket.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is highly annoying, but it's a supply and demand thing. If you actually need to make a crossing they will charge you full price for it. If you don't need to they will encourage you to make an unnecessary journey, e.g. a few hours shopping trip, at a discounted price.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's no way 'round this for a UK resident. I think that even if you have a foreign address and credit card, and book the return as a day offer from the other side, the ANPR will get you. I have got caught out on this when my companions absolutely insisted it was possible to blag your way back - it isn't. They simply won't let you through without paying the full fare. It doesn't matter what story you come up with, the person in the booth simply isn't able to let you through.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same as not sharing your season lift pass with anyone....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pamski wrote:

I was in Fieberbruun last week with Espri and John__Barr and for the first time ever, I saw a system where each time you went through the turnstiles, your phot was taken, and your previous time the pass was used, that old photograph also showed up on the screen. Definetly no sharing/swapping passes there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Happens in a lot of places jafa. I know we bought a 6 day pass for our son last year and we had problems as hubby purchased the pass and they must have put his photo on it by mistake.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells wrote:
Happens in a lot of places jafa. I know we bought a 6 day pass for our son last year and we had problems as hubby purchased the pass and they must have put his photo on it by mistake.

Fortunately we don't need photographs on normal 6 day passes in Kitzbuhel.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jafa, according to Serre Che, you don't need a photo for them, but there was somehow one of my husband on there, and it was a new pass. I suspect they may have used the photo that was in our online account, as we have an owner's card which we use to get loyalty points off all our purchases which we can used for future ski passes.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jafa wrote:
Pamski wrote:

I was in Fieberbruun last week with Espri and John__Barr and for the first time ever, I saw a system where each time you went through the turnstiles, your phot was taken, and your previous time the pass was used, that old photograph also showed up on the screen. Definetly no sharing/swapping passes there.

Wow, a photo each time, comparing to the last? never thought of that.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy