Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mens All mountain skis

Poster: A snowHead
hi guys i'm 15 and an advanced skier- what skis would you recommend that can do everything without suffering too much on piste performance Smile Looked at the salomon Q98 and line sick day so far!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From everything I've read this season you should look at Rossignol Soul7s or Scott The Ski. I'm off to Les Arcs for Christmas and New Year and plan on trying both out before I decide on one and buy. I've been told the Line Sick Day are very good too but are more aimed towards big mountain skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have Atomic Theory skis, that are a good all-rounder. They're 94 (or so) underfoot so decent off piste, but the rocker means that they are great on piste too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
big fan of the Atomic Crimson....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For what it's worth, The Scott "The Ski" seems to getting rave reviews so that might be worth considering
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got a pair of rossi E98s that do the job for me. Only one rocker on the front, so they're not too daft. Wide enough and quick enough to turn for off piste, stiff enough to blat down the reds on piste. I was actually after a pair of blizzard bonis, but my supplier had ran out but strongly recommended these; he wasn't wrong, perfect ski for me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How about the Volkl Mantra?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd say The Ski is a bit of marmite ski, you'll love it or hate it, based on a snowdome test I'm in the hate it camp, it was just plain dull! Something like a Movement Jam is much more fun for me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tealeski, Hi, I'm now in the same boat as UPS have trashed my new Jams Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad evil . . . and now we wander down the rabbit hole of claim and value rolling eyes

In the meantime I'm looking at alternatives, all around the 94 mark under foot as I'm pretty much a non-powder skier and I probably weigh twice as much as you and old enough to be your Gramps. As they'll be fitted with an AT/NTN combo they don't want to be uber stiff for me but if you're sliding alpine we probably want a similar flex. The Line Sick Day has a lot going for it and there are a couple of others that are its equal. The Blizzard Buschwacker (bit narrower and softer than the Bonafide), K2 Hardside, and the Volkl Kendo all get the same kudos from the reviewers. Me, I'm taking a side trip up to Vermont to try out the Nordica Steadfast and Hell & Back on tele.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i am just back from a week skiing on soul 7s. No powder unfortunately, but the skis behaved very well on hard piste, carving predictably when I got it right, and capable of rapid switching from edge to edge, again when i got it right - the skis are better than this skier Smile I would recommend them for a good intermediate to mid-expert, but I think anyone who wanted to carve at very high speeds on piste would find them too soft. The skis did not like rock hard frozen crud (they are very light), but were fine once it had softened up a bit.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peterkct, I am also planning to try the soul7 depending on decent conditions in VT. I am only 70kg and might also check out the Sin7 which seems more versatile for lighter skier.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
think i've decided on the q98'sSmile but what size should i get, i am 5ft 11 and weigh around 9st 8-10 which i think is around 55-60 kg. It's a decision between the 172 or the 176's! please help Smile what size would perform better on the piste
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tealeski, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=105644&highlight=

Length not as important these days so much as it was, most are rockered anyways. Mine for sale here would be perfect for your needs, and they are at the right price!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the q98's are rockered, i've already got the q98 (christmas present) in 172 so i won't be needing yoursMarkymark29, but thanks for the offer! also this may sound stupid, but rocker is the term in skiing i don't know much about, can someone define it for me Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i amthinking about swapping them for the 176 as i may still grow a bit and obviously put on weight! Neh Neh
latest report
tealeski wrote:
the q98's are rockered, i've already got the q98 (christmas present) in 172 so i won't be needing yoursMarkymark29, but thanks for the offer! also this may sound stupid, but rocker is the term in skiing i don't know much about, can someone define it for me Smile

Rocker is essentially moving the point where the front of the ski begins to rise from the snow further back along the ski and is often accompanied by extending the nose of the ski to stop that contact point coming too far back. These skis 'ski' shorter than they are on paper. Rocker on the tails is the reverse.
ski holidays
176cm is the choice as they will ski short due to the rocker.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy