Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
halfhand wrote:
snowymum, ansta1, and the rest of the moaners; it's a 45min programme FFS what did you expect Evil or Very Mad

Quote:

Who was the American guy who was interviewed in the middle?

Ha, ha, F'ing hilarious and I'm not even a boarder Laughing Laughing

To be fair, he was a lot less ginger than the last time he was on Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Red button bbc showed skier cross from Val Thorens this am final 32 men and women. That was ok but the commentary was poor.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ansta1 wrote:
Sunday lunch eaten. Dishes done. Glass of red and ski Sunday on. Hmmmmm nice.

Would rather be in resort though.

absolutely agree & I guess it's the same old thing, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

For what its worth we enjoyed it[we all watched it before dinner], as we have skied Fast & actually know how steep it is & that's without spraying it with water overnight...it is steep!

I think Ed & Graham are pretty good at presenting, after all they are enthusiasts & to show different aspects of ski sports has got to be good & as for the cross downhill....they are nuts but what fun.

Would certainly agree Billy Morgan should b=get more air time, but then he is British/English.

So I for one will continue to watch SS & on a winters night in blighty it gives me something to dream about, lets face it the Alps of England? Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
halfhand wrote:
snowymum, ansta1, and the rest of the moaners; it's a 45min programme FFS what did you expect Evil or Very Mad

Quote:

Who was the American guy who was interviewed in the middle?

Ha, ha, F'ing hilarious and I'm not even a boarder Laughing Laughing

Given it's only 45 minutes, a bit more balance in terms of features and racing. This is why high altitude worked. Ski Sunday was for the race coverage. High altitude was for the features. 45 minutes doesn't allow for both particularly well IMV. I like the racing, especially the DH. The Sean white interview I mostly saw as the BBC previewed it on the website. The X piece was really just a tour de edit and nothing substantial.

Will still watch it next week either way.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At which point on le face was the starting gate, on this impossiibly steep piste
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I find watching ski racing against the clock pretty boring. Especially the delay between contestants starting and watching the runs of those who have no chance of winning. Furthermore, I'm never going to be a racer so my interest is minimal. 10 minutes of highlights of the fastest runs and of the crashes are enough for me. However I absolutely love Skier Cross and Boarder Cross. They are both it so exciting with so many variables that it seems that absolutely anything could happen in any race. Again, I'm unlikely ever to compete but it still seems more 'real' to me.

I actually enjoyed that year when Ski Sunday went a bit 'Top Gear' and showed lots of skiing and boarding challenges and spent time showcasing resorts. But I heard that there were many viewers who complained that it left too little time to show much of the racing.

I suppose you can't keep everyone happy but I sense after today's programme they are veering slightly towards subjects I will find more interesting. And there is Ski cross from VT next week!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
daveyladboy wrote:
I reckon Graham Bell dyes his hair...

+1
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is now on I player if you want to watch it. I did and enjoyed it as usual
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brilliant. So glad to have some ski racing to watch. Not particularly bothered about the other 'padding' but anything with mountains and snow is a big improvement from the usual dross on TV.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good to see Ski Sunday back on. Next, a return for High Altitude please.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dav wrote:
Good to see Ski Sunday back on. Next, a return for High Altitude please.

if only, we spoke to Graham Bell last year @ NEC ski show & his thoughts were it will never happen...BBC & HSE & all that BS

Shame as I thought it was awesome
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Do you know if the interview with Shaun White filmed before or after Ed said that White was "The snowboarding equivilant of anal sex"

Before I guess but as someone says in the latest issue of White lines might make for a difficult BBC interview come the Olympics.

(WL particularly good - a jewel among trashy snow sports freesheets and should be freesheets ( looking at you Torygraph S&S.)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
next sunday it is on at 17.05 (not sure if they are showing Selva downhill or GS from Alta Badia..)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
albob wrote:
next sunday it is on at 17.05 (not sure if they are showing Selva downhill or GS from Alta Badia..)

They said they would be showing the women's DH from Val D'Isere. And that it would be on at 16:45.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Last night's slalom was a touch dull, but I wouldn't want to lose all the racing, so I'll put up with a little. GS is better than pure slalom anyway. Shaun White interview was better than I feared, but rather stuck in the current journalistic fashion of continually asking him how he feels. As Prince Philip once responded, "I don't feel, I think".

Val d'Isere bit showing the Folie Douce etc. was very low rent.

Still, grumbles apart it's very nice to have SS back.
latest report
alex_heney wrote:
albob wrote:

They said they would be showing the women's DH from Val D'Isere. And that it would be on at 16:45.

ARGHHH !! -- One of the Premier (mens) Downhills of the year and they are not showing it !!!
latest report
I thought it was alright, an improvement on last year anyway..
snow report
The BBC just don't seem to understand anything!. If they knew the slightest thing about their target audience then Ski Sunday would focus on the interesting stuff like what puppy JonnieJones should get, do winter tyres work, how much booze is needed for a wedding, and above all how outrageously wicked/fascist the new school absence regime is. None of this snow related nonsense. Very Happy
snow conditions
i nearly got excited when you started talking about 'puppies' Toofy Grin
snow conditions
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Val d'Isere bit showing the Folie Douce etc. was very low rent.
Twas just an excuse for GB to get his kit off on telly again.
snow report
Well I thought the programme was fine. The travelogue with Amy Williams was a bit unnecessary IMV and yes a bit more coverage of the Brit slopestyle guy would have been better but as it's a magazine show they need to do a bit of everything. Here's to next weeks edition.
ski holidays
glad to see they are finally introducing coverage of ski / boarder cross, great to watch, a much better option than the "paint watching it dry" that is ski jumping.....or indeed endlessly reptitive downhill runs.....lets hope SS start editing this down to the good bits..... Toofy Grin
latest report
I think in a 45 min programme you could have just highlights of the racing, not every turn round every same gate of the top 10 ,then you get more time for resort info, boarding,and the other myriad of fantastic content they could put in.
ski holidays
I am wondering if they have started the series earlier than usual at short notice to get the teams up to speed for sochi, and therefore weren't quite ready to get a fully coherent and joined up episode together.

Just a thought.
snow conditions
The racing is the best bit!! Please don't pollute Ski Sunday with too much 'Wish You Were Here'!! Back in the good old 70s it was just racing, and we got to watch our idols Klammer, Stenmark and Moser-Pröll doing what they do best. I realise there is interest for a few magazine-y interludes but racing is the main thing Ski Sunday should focus on, it's a sports programme after all...
snow conditions
queen bodecia, exactly it's trying to do too much, would be happy if it was just racing or just a magazine programme but it's trying too hard and failing to do either based on last nights show.

I will still be watching next week either way.
snow conditions
Shaun White seemed to forget about Kevin Pearce.... can;t listen to him knowing that he was getting trashed by him that year that Kevin hit his head.....
snow report
Quote:

alex_heney wrote:
albob wrote:

I'm sure I heard that they were showing something on the Saturday during the day on the RED button, or maybe my ears are deceiving me!!? Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Simon94, Women's GS on the Red Button 12:15
snow conditions
I thought it was fine - I'm always happy to see coverage of winter sports on free-to-air TV rather than yet another 'old tat in your loft' type show, so I don't really understand all the grumbles I read each time a new series comes along.

I for one am pleased that they feature more than just old school racing, which apart from some of the classic downhills can be a bit repetitive. If anything they could do with an extra 15 minutes or so to do a more in-depth resort review, maybe some technique features, and cover some more freeride/slopestyle/ski cross events.

Anyway, two likeable hosts, and I'm glad its back.
latest report
I never really got the program ever, but that wasn't too bad, and now it's digital I can just skip the boring bits. The heli intro sequence is well produced, some of the other stuff less so.
snow report
Well the Men's Downhill from Val Gardena has just started on Eurosport (I'm watching now), I don't know if there'll be any highlights on Ski Sunday tomorrow though.
latest report
Ski Sunday due to start at 17:05....
ski holidays
Seems an ok if very brief highlights of what I've been watching on Eurosport all weekend.
snow report
Actually quite a good interview with Thovex. Came across quite well and the skiing was 'proper', none of that poncey stuff in the other vids. Very Happy
snow conditions
Yep, the interview was good.
latest report
davkt wrote:
Seems an ok if very brief highlights of what I've been watching on Eurosport all weekend.

Yeah can't complain too much. I'd rather have had some more proper racing (the GS) rather than skiercross but the latter is popular with the public so there you go.
latest report
narc wrote:
davkt wrote:

Yeah can't complain too much. I'd rather have had some more proper racing (the GS) rather than skiercross but the latter is popular with the public so there you go.

They had the whole of the second run of the women's GS on the Ski Sunday Extra program on iplayer.
snow conditions
A decent episode and I enjoyed the skier cross myself, exciting stuff and very close racing. Good to see some freeskiing in there too.

Nice to see Graham hand Ed a pair of Atomic Theories at the start too (that's what I have Very Happy )
ski holidays
watched it and enjoyed it. Shame they didn't (in the 20 seconds or so results piece) give an update on the good results our Paralympic hopefuls have been having in the run up to Sochi. So took it upon myself to tweet with Ed and GB. He responded about C4 having rights to footage but agreed to speak to Producers about a little more Paralympic news if possible.

And yes, just like last week it was watched with a nice glass of wine. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy