Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
For those of us not blessed with Cable/Satellite/Freesat etc.. Ski Sunday is back this Sunday on BBC2 Very Happy . Seems like winter's finally arrived Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh goody. Had seen a tweet from graham bell that he was off out somewhere with ed leigh today. Guess that's why.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More info, but not much, here :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03m06hn
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ansta1, Do think with only 2 viewers this season it'll be recommissioned next season? wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And as usual when it comes to the grande finale........ It will be replaced by the opening frames of Pot Black, or the first of the Rugby Matches....... Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it earlier this year? I thought it was mid-late January last year when it started.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Enda wrote:
Is it earlier this year? I thought it was mid-late January last year when it started.

Yes, it's starting earlier in the season this year Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Sunday used to be compulsory viewing in my childhood. Not sure what's changed, but maybe it just got overwhelmed by all the nonsense on other channels. Oh for those happy days when we only had BBC1, BBC2, and ITV.

Mind you, hours of coverage of slalom races was incredibly dull. 'No wrecks, and nobody drownded, in fact nothing to laff at at all'
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Enda wrote:

I talked through what's happening this year with GB, Ski Sunday starts 15th December, there's also the Sotchi Olympic coverage and a new program like I'm a celebrity get me out of here, with various celebs doing winter sports based challenges, getting riddled out week by week. All good for this season by the sounds of it. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

slalom races was incredibly dull

Amen to that!

Ok possibly a little unfair but to the uninitiated its a bit... boring. Unless you know whats what, it's just waiting for crashes (bit like F1). Keep the slalom coverage, slim it down to 15 or 20 mins and mix it up with skier/boarder cross, and the new Slopestyle events etc. At least there would be some national interest for british competitors actually having a chance at winning...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I thought the Slalom in the 2002 Olympics was brilliant and we actually won a medal (even if it only lasted a short period) Saying that though Im not the uninitiated. I completely agree about F1 though, only worth watching the start, the finish and and the crashes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Ski Sunday used to be compulsory viewing in my childhood. Not sure what's changed, but maybe it just got overwhelmed by all the nonsense on other channels. Oh for those happy days when we only had BBC1, BBC2, and ITV.

Mind you, hours of coverage of slalom races was incredibly dull. 'No wrecks, and nobody drownded, in fact nothing to laff at at all'

and you knew Stenmark was going to win anyway so what was the point of watching.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Last I heard GB and Ed where having a bit of a apres in La folie douce. I wonder if that bit will end up on the cutting room floor?

Edited presentation for apres

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 12-12-13 18:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
God,I haven't watched ski sunday since that guy with big glasses used to do the commentary
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

slalom races was incredibly dull

No ! But Downhill and Super-G -- that's dull rolling eyes

I don't get skier/boarder cross --- seems to be first one to the first bend wins ? Exiting to watch one or two --- but then all the same ?
latest report
i watched the 1st episode last year when ed leigh did an interview with travis rice, will probably watch thise years openeer for the interview with Shaun white, but might not watch much more as am i the only one who finds ed leigh really really annoying and a crap presenter??
snow conditions
Do you know if the interview with Shaun White filmed before or after Ed said that White was "The snowboarding equivilant of anal sex"
snow report
Ski Sunday due to start on BBC2 at 17:55. Seeing as there's no blasted snooker on at the moment it might actually start on time for once.... Laughing
snow report
Here we go Very Happy
snow conditions
robapplegate, why isnt it on?
ski holidays
Ah, they just said it coming up.
latest report
I meant as in "it's about to start"
latest report
Sunday lunch eaten. Dishes done. Glass of red and ski Sunday on. Hmmmmm nice.

Would rather be in resort though.
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, unfortunately I had to watch the last minute of flog it Sad
ski holidays
I reckon Graham Bell dyes his hair...
snow report
Oh dear,idiots at the bbc in charge again........all the fab stuff you could show about ski and boarding and all we get is boring slalom zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what a shame !
snow report
Ski Sunday or Holiday program? Billy Morgan should have had more time, I'm sooooo bored of Shaun White
latest report
There's no way you could call that boring, doing that racing, on ice, with the wipeouts in the first run. Definitely not boring.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mind you not sure what the end bit was all about, "after a hard day shopping........" wtf?
snow conditions
Quote:

Oh dear,idiots at the bbc in charge again........all the fab stuff you could show about ski and boarding and all we get is boring slalom zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what a shame !

Ski Sunday has covered slalom since it began in the 70's - plenty of people do want to see the racing

Quote:

Billy Morgan should have had more time, I'm sooooo bored of Shaun White

I agree, hope we see more James Woods too in the run up to Sochi
ski holidays
actually more than 30sec of racing for once. last few years they put on such a few highlights, it was barely worth the effort.
glad I can see it all on ZDF though, on the day of the event (live or few hours delay).

next week could be interesting with the ski cross.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
Enda wrote:

Years of grumbles that it should start earlier and I go and miss it Toofy Grin
latest report
andy, It sounds like they won't be having any coverage next week of the Men's events from Val Gardena (at least they made no mention of it). I'm glad I've got a Eurosport online subscription so I'll be able to watch the Super G on the 20th and the Downhill on the 21st -having pootled down the SassLong course with its famous "camel bumps" quite a few times I appreciate more what these real skiers achieve! Laughing
snow conditions
Very Happy Recorded so can FF the boring bits wink
ski holidays
I still like the music Toofy Grin but other than that it was disappointing. The tour of Val D'Isere was really disjointed and you could not get a proper impression of the place or slopes from that. The racing bit was ok. The skier cross bit at the end was rubbish. Why did they add all those graphics?..why not show a proper race from start to finish. Who was the American guy who was interviewed in the middle? He was so boring to listen to I nearly dozed off on the sofa rolling eyes
snow report
boredsurfin, that would be most of it unfortunately.

Disappointing first show, I guess graham and Ed spent to much time in La follie douce on Friday night.
snow conditions
oh well SPOTY on now
snow report
Very poor show, 4/5 mins on some American, 10 seconds on the British Snowboarder. Typical BBC.
snow conditions
snowymum, ansta1, and the rest of the moaners; it's a 45min programme FFS what did you expect Evil or Very Mad

Quote:

Who was the American guy who was interviewed in the middle?

Ha, ha, F'ing hilarious and I'm not even a boarder Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
snowymum, Shaun White... possibly the most sponsored/ known snowboarder (hell - Snowsports type) in the world...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy