Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If Carlsberg made snow chains..............

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hells Bells, and I don't have a 4x4 Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Feckin mayhem - people with snow tyres having to put chains on - mate could not get up to me with his snow tyres (rear wheel drive van), in the end reversed up though not helped by someone walking in the middle of the road, trouble is more problems with just a couple of cms on the road rather than a grippy 10cm of fresh - also mate with a Land Rover Defender (knackered tyres) all over the place and someone else with a 4x4 driving like a muppet up to the Col Montgenevre!

Might have to try the new chains tomorrow to get out!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't really get my head round the cost of the EasyFits when the advantages seem limited; you've still got to faff around the back of the wheel. Tensioning may be easier, but there are so many self-tensioning chains out there. My Audi allroad with winter tyres has never needed chains to get up steep back lanes in epic and/or icy conditions but I am considering something easy to fit for the BMW for obvious reasons; if I didn't give a toss about money I can't think why I wouldn't go for the Thule K-Summit/ Weissenfels Clack and Go Quattro/ Spikes-Spider/ Polaire X10 etc. etc... Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Anyone else wondering why Weathercam's posts are all written in a somewhat boastful and condescending 'I've got better chains than you lot' & 'With me it never lasts more than 30 seconds' manner?

Standard snowhead demeanour innit
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Calrsberg Export is alright. Carslberg itself is a bit meh, but it's clean tasting and quite weak so it's fine for what it is - cheap 4% lager tastes like cheap 4% lager - It's a case of managing expectations.

Invictus wrote:
Who says putiing on snow chains is a pain ? watch this and think again !

http://youtube.com/v/OeZYqwlgUUE#t=97

What snow chains?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bobmcstuff, So find a hot blonde, get her to strip to her smalls and put the chains on for you. That's what I call managing expectations Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yo Mofos, time to fit chains = ZERO SECONDS. All for only £10,000,000:

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just because something's expensive doesn't make them good quality. Quality is what you're after, and that's "welded links". If your cheapo chains have pressed links, they're likely to fail. If you have welded links, then you'll be fine. Hardness grade of the steel is unimportant, even the softest stuff is harder than the tyre/road combination - and you're only supposed to use them on snow anyway.

An easy adjustment mechanism is a "nice to have" and thus commands a price premium, but of a £280 set of chains, someone's making about £230 out of you.

By way of reference, I have a massive industrial snowblower (ex airport) and the Swiss-made chains for the four wheels cost about £80. The links are the size of your thumb - you will have seen similar on the big snow-clearance shovels in all the resorts. These are used all season.

My car's chains were about £50, 12mm links have covered several hundred miles on snow without fault and take about 3-5 mins/side to fit.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Want:

http://youtube.com/v/EwLCOqIUvsU
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads

Saw this at the weekend at Gaydon Motor Museum and reckon it would do the trick

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy