Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Room needed! I have a flight to Grenoble but nothing else 28thDec-4th Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

New member here unfortunately first-posting with a big problem. Somehow I've got myself into a bit of a mess. I was going away with a tour company to France over the New Year and between booking my flight and confirming a few details about lift passes and transfers, their auto-booking online sold out of spaces!

I'm now £320 down with nowhere to stay. Anyone got a spare bed in Tignes or somewhere within transfer distance of Grenoble airport from 28th December to 4th Jan?

I'm a sociable, friendly, polite skier and I can cook, if that helps?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chapppers, male or female and age would help others to find af fit, otherwise try Chaledirect solutionroom. And of course limet on budget?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah sorry, 27 year old Male. Budget not so important now! Originally it was going to be £350 for accommodation and ski pass which is why I didn't mind paying so much for my flight. But obviously beggars can't be choosers, I just need a bed and somewhere to put my stuff!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chapppers, http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=38299&posts=23&highlight=new year&highlightmode=1

you can search yourself, but here is one result. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, I've made a thread. Those aren't my dates but I'll have a quick search and see what it brings up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stay at the UCPA in Tignes Val Claret. I travelled on my own, had a great time, met loads of people to ski/drink with. You'll share a room of 4, but if you don't mind that, everything else is great - especially the food, which is beyond good and plentiful. From memory 400 would get you a week, fully catered (inc packed lunch), equipment hire, ski pass and instruction, should you want it. And the UCPA is right in the middle of Val Claret, near the lifts.

If I were ever travelling solo again, this is what I would do. I had an absolutely cracking week.

You can either go direct, or talk to Acton Outdoors. I'd go direct - Action Outdoors only really add value in that they organise the coach (worst part of the entire week) - ytou already have flights and transfers, so all good.

Good luck!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A slight amendment to that, Les Deux Alpes and Alpe D'Huez are the easiest resorts to get to from Grenoble, how about the UCPA in one of them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good suggestion, but I think it will cost a tad more than £400 including everything.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm - quite possibly; although my 500 trip (2 years ago) included 100 or so for the coach as well ast Action Outdoors' surcharge for organising (about a tenner from recollection?) - and you can opt out of the instruction, saving a bit more, I think?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chapppers, found something? Just would like to know! snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can recommend the Hotel Bernard from 32 euros per night B&B together with the SMSF ski pass for 115 euros for 5 days (plus discount for subsequent days). You'll need to hire a car though but these are cheap at GNB.

http://hotelbernard.net/
http://www.maurienne-tourisme.com/InfoliveDocuments/pdf/brochure_ski_maurienne_13-14_ld.pdf
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello all, thanks for your replies, yes I found something, or indeed something was found for me by the tour company. They've got me my own "apartment" for a little extra money, and if they find someone else to stay with me they'll refund some money. I guess it would have been nice to go to Tignes but I've never been to Les Deus Alpes so it should be a bit of a change and apparently there's a good snow park there.

I'm reasonably happy with that as I'll be with the same big group of people.

Thanks again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy