Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Peisey (Reports from Les Arcs, Paradiski and surrounding areas)

Poster: A snowHead
Sunday 2nd February
We'd had about 8cm by the time we went to bed last night, but only a further 3cm fell overnight. It's been snowing off and on all morning, mostly light snow.

We headed out first thing this morning and did a few laps of Derby before heading over to 1600 to do the Mont Blanc run. There doesn't seem to have been any more snow higher up than we had in Peisey; about 10-12cm everywhere.

2nd February - Light snow by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

It looks like this light snow is set to continue for a few days!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last few days have been ok, looked bad on snowforecast, but the visibility has ended up being alright with the odd sunny period. I did another flying lesson yesterday so was grateful of being able to see, and the wind wasn't too bad either!

It's snowed off and on this morning (mostly off) but has picked up a bit in the last hour. I'm going to head out this afternoon and see how it looks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
About 9cm so far in Peisey, still snowing but has now eased off.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where is that tree run in that pic AC?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you go from the mid station of the transarc and head towards Pesiey Vallandry, you pass under Charmettoger then turn right into the trees just before you hit the red run Reches, its just in there somewhere. A nice little spot!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thursday 6th February
There ended up being very little extra snow after my post last night, and not significantly more higher up the mountain either. But it was a glorious day; sunshine and a decent blanket of soft stuff to play in snowHead

6th February - Another Dusting by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Winds looked strong high up:

6th February - Wind on Mount Pourri by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

And something was definitely going on at the top of Mt Blanc

6th February - Another Dusting by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Tomorrow looks like it could be very interesting, with heavy snow moving in early morning. Temperatures don't look too cold, so it might be very wet snow in Peisey, but should be fun higher up. I'll work in the morning and head out in the afternoon to see how much arrives Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gutted to have been working today to miss the powder today! Looks amazing, meant to dump tomorrow morning too
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My son, staying in Avoriaz, reports a glorious days skiing, lots of sunshine and wonderful powder!

Whoops realised I posted this in the wrong thread Embarassed

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 7-02-14 14:27; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The snow has started. Doesn't look too wet in Peisey either! snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Absolutely dumping it down up here in Plan Peisey. We are supposed to leave today - will probably have to put chains on our winter tyres Shocked Never had to do that before Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
genepi, it certainly is falling at quite a rate - and seems to be getting heavier! up to about 5cm so far in Peisey, most of that in the last half an hour.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And now up to 12cm! That's the most we've had in Peisey since the beginning of December. still falling...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep just drove back from arc 1950, dumping it down there as well. At least half a foot of fresh up there
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Really loving these reports AC - please keep them going Smile
ski holidays
Friday 7th February
It was dry overnight, and started snowing at about 9:30. It was light at first, but by 10:30 it was bucketing it down:

1T6A3302.jpg by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

1T6A3304.jpg by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

1T6A3305.jpg by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

At its peak, around 11ish, around 10cm fell in one hour.

It eased off around midday, and has been alternating between light and moderate snow since. I went out at around 1:30 to see how it was higher up, and did a few laps of Derby. There's been a bit more snow higher up, around 20-25cm. Where this has combined with Wednesday's snowfall it is very nice Very Happy The pistes were hard work - bumpy with poor light.

I made a quick video of the conditions in the trees, had some nice soft landings to a couple of silly falls:

http://youtube.com/v/qUmj-gY8QV0

I had a quick walk around Peisey when I got back. The snow is very wet and heavy here - it's already sliding off the cars in big slabs, so whilst I measured 17cm on our bench, it would've been more if it hadn't started melting.

1T6A3312.jpg by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

1T6A3313.jpg by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Anyway, this is definitely the most snow we've had since the lifts opened, so tomorrow, especially if there's some visibility, should be a good one snowHead

Just as I was writing this the sky cleared briefly:

1T6A3331.jpg by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

And now we're back in cloud!
ski holidays
ArseCaptain, loved the video.. is that a bike post gopro mount you are using on your ski pole?
latest report
MogulMonkey wrote:
ArseCaptain, loved the video.. is that a bike post gopro mount you are using on your ski pole?

Yes, normally I put it at the handle end of my poles as it doesn't get in the way as much when not in use. And my poles are thicker at that end!

A quick summary of today: Deep heavy snow. Trees near the bottom of Comborciere were the highlight, where the steep pitch was enough to overcome the heaviness of snow. Photos to follow..
ski holidays
Saturday 8th February
Every time I've tried to get to the Peisey chair before it opened I've been about 5 minutes late. For the first time today, I got there just before it opened Toofy Grin

Headed straight to Derby, but it was shut and didn't look to be opening in the next few minutes so pointed the skis towards 1800, to catch Vagere. To my surprise there was hardly any queue for the Transarc, so I went for that. At the top I went under the lift, down the side of the luge and instantly fell over as there were some big snow boulders nicely buried under a layer of fresh snow. Someone from my gondola did exactly the same thing just behind me Laughing

8th February by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Got there early enough to make one of the first few tracks.

8th February - Looking towards La Rosiere by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

I was hoping to do a speed riding lesson but it ended not being possible until the afternoon. The instructor said that Comborciere had been pisted before the powder so that's where I went:

8th February - Comborciere by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

It was good.

http://youtube.com/v/VCvZoSNM0dM

Did a couple of laps of that, hard work with the heavy snow but good fun getting lost in the trees. It was really windy on the arcs 1600 side, so it seemed like there would be no flying, but thankfully it was relatively calm in the shadow of Aiguille Rouge. It started snowing towards the end of the lesson and the visibility had reduced by around 4pm.

There has been snow falling and blowing around this evening, but no significant accumulations, only a few cm.
ski holidays
Haven't ventured out in the last couple of days, been resting my back after straining it slightly in some heavy powder on Friday.

There was a bit of snow yesterday, and sunny in the afternoon. Looked great outside, was almost tempted, but decided I'd rather let my back get better!

Today has been overcast all day, hasn't seemed very windy down here. There's been the odd flurry of snow but no significant accumulation. However, its just started snowing heavily so hopefully that'll change snowHead
ski holidays
still snowing quite heavily!
couple of inches at 2000 ... so far
doesn't look like ending anytime soon
snow conditions
Tuesday 11th February
There was a nice dusting of around 5cm overnight. The day started with a blanket of cloud above us:

11th February by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Thankfully this cloud was below much of the ski area:

Although this was not the case everywhere. There was plenty of cloud to be seen, but hardly any above Arc 2000 where I was for the day:

I had another speed riding lesson and started from the top. Great fun Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/xknEeKjXw40
snow report
Wednesday 12th February
Sunny, breezy, good snow. There appeared to have been a light dusting overnight, a little extra on top of the groomed pistes, but it may have just blown there.

The warmth of the sun could be felt for the first time in a while. A good day for being a cat in the mountains.

12th February by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Today it has been snowing heavily, but it looks like it has warmed up a bit as it is now rain / sleet in Peisey. Should be decent snow higher up though. There had been about 3cm overnight, but the snow since then has been very wet.
snow report
Another 20cm of snow last night. Cooler today - -6C degrees this morning, but forecast to be warmer this afternoon. A lot of blasting this morning, as you would expect.
ski holidays
Friday 14th February
It was windy and snowy last night, with horizontal snow sticking to unusual places. There was only a light dusting in Peisey, and our road was covered in slushy ice. I went out first thing this morning but soon retreated after my goggles had iced over in the damp snow. There'd been a bit of fresh snow higher up but it been well blown about so many areas were bare, and those that weren't were very crusty. Not worth the effort so I was soon back home!

One advantage of coming home early was that the lower runs to Plan Peisey weren't horrible for once Toofy Grin
snow conditions
AC which chalet do you work for?
ski holidays
timlongs, I don't work for a chalet, I'm continuing my self-employed software development consulting work from home.
snow conditions
ArseCaptain, hello .

You look like you are le Villaret?

We will be there Sunday- Chalet Himalaya, with Mark and Cathy .

Perhaps we will see you?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ed123, Hi!

We're not in Villaret, we're in the main part of Peisey, down an alley way from the bakery / butchers.

I might be keeping a low profile the coming weeks, to avoid the crowds, but if you see someone on the lobster pots with red trousers green jacket and a beard that's probably me Cool
ski holidays
ok- if you see a surprisingly overweight balding asian bloke with a blue jacket, telemark skis, a wife and 3 kids (one also on tele's) then that's me/ them / us. Say hi!
ski holidays
ArseCaptain, I think I saw you heading into La Vache a couple of Sunday lunchtimes ago? I was going to call over to you but couldn't face the embarrassment of asking if you were ArseCaptain, & it not being you Toofy Grin wink
snow report
genepi, the plight of picking such a stupid user name - not really sure why, or why I've continued to use it.

It may have been me. looking through my photos it seems I was in there for lunch on Sunday 26th of Jan. No lunchtime trips since, but we did have fish and chips there on evening earlier this week.
ski holidays
ArseCaptain, Sunday 26th it was! Must have been you. We're out again the last 2 weeks of March - I shall brave it if I think I see you.
snow report
It appears to have snowed overnight - around 10cm in Peisey. Time to see how busy it is...
latest report
My speed riding lesson was cancelled this morning due to the poor visibility, so naturally I did a spot of skiing. The queues were surprisingly minimal - much less than they were around new year on a snowy day!

We're now up to 16cm in Peisey and still falling snowHead
snow report
Just spotted this thread, shame the Les Arcs stuff isn't on the Les Arcs thread Puzzled
latest report
thefatcontroller, this is more of a photo blog than a snow report, although there are some of those as well.

It's still snowing, and we've had 28cm in Peisey since I went to bed last night. Definitely the snowiest day so far this season!
latest report
Monday 17th February

We had another 10cm over night in Peisey, bring it to nearly 40cm in just over a day. One of the occasions where no exaggeration of snow depths is necessary snowHead

The sun was out first thing in the morning, with the odd village-level cloud obscuring the view.

There was a fairly big queue for both Lonzagne and Peisey lifts, where I noticed that they'd now brought the opening time forward about 15 minutes. We ended up doing Derby all morning as the queues weren't too bad, and the snow was good. By 12pm there was barely any queue at all!

17th February by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

We were going to head over to 2000 via Grand Rendard, but as you can see from this picture, there was a bit of a queue, and that lift is slow!

There was some great snow directly under the top section of Derby, and not many people were venturing that way. Still some good stuff left past 12pm.

I quickly threw together a couple of clips from today:

http://youtube.com/v/Scc2yvHTP4Y

We called it a day at around 1pm, at which point the temperature had risen and the roads in Plan-Peisey were awash with water flowing down the hill.
snow report
ArseCaptain, Lovely photos- I'm enjoying your updates Very Happy
ski holidays
ArseCaptain, Great to see the photos - am out in Les Arcs end of next week. Really useful to pickup info on conditions. Many thanks. As TFC says - pity the LA thread is a bit thin.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy