Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Peisey (Reports from Les Arcs, Paradiski and surrounding areas)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
genepi wrote:
thefatcontroller, By the way, I was told yesterday that this is going to be a really quiet week. Occupancy is only 20% apparently. Certainly lots of people leaving from here last night & this morning.

Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The warmth continued until yesterday.

17th March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

20th March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

We went down to Annecy where it was very pleasant.

21st March - Annecy by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

21st March - Annecy by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Saturday 22nd March

It started raining / snowing around midday, and gradually got colder as the afternoon went on. I was soaked by 3pm so called it a day. It's currently hammering down with rain in Peisey but I can see snow settling on the trees below the Vanoise Express so tomorrow could be good.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 23-03-14 20:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing hard in Plan Peisey Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Saturday 22nd September

It started raining / snowing around midday, and gradually got colder as the afternoon went on. I was soaked by 3pm so called it a day. It's currently hammering down with rain in Peisey but I can see snow settling on the trees below the Vanoise Express so tomorrow could be good.

In September?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE wrote:
In September?

Umm... Not sure how that happened Toofy Grin

Here's a picture from yesterday that I forgot about - Tandem skiers!

22nd March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

I've always wondered if this was possible but never bothered trying to make a tandem ski. I was happy when I saw it in action.

Sunday 23rd March

There was some snow in Peisey this morning, but only on places where it didn't melt straight away like our bench, and even then only about 1cm of it. In Plan Peisey there was around 10cm, and the top of Derby had about 20-25cm. Here's a picture of the picnic benches above Peisey chair

23rd March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

The visibility was poor

but the snow was a welcome change from weeks of sunshine. Tree skiing is back on the menu!

It snowed throughout the day but has stopped this evening.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ArseCaptain, these pictures are wonderful! Good work mate!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AC I have a pair of tandem skis you can borrow if you want a go... I'm taking them out for the first time tomorrow!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
timlongs wrote:
AC I have a pair of tandem skis you can borrow if you want a go... I'm taking them out for the first time tomorrow!

Where do you get such things? I don't think I could convince my wife to give it a go.. Toofy Grin

Monday 24th March
What a day! one of the best yet. There were plenty of clouds about but also lots of gaps, and a decent amount of fresh snow on the ground. I managed to leave the house with 2 cameras, several lenses but 0 memory cards... Laughing

Anyway, the highlight of the day was skiing under Varet in light untracked snow as the sun came out... perfect.

Tuesday 25th March
The weather turned out to be much better than the forecasts suggested, with good visibility and alright light. The snow was still in good condition but starting to turn back to spring near the bottom.

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It looks like I'm a bit behind with the updates! Toofy Grin

Wednesday 26th March
We went to Ste Foy to make use of one of our free ski passes.

26th March - Ste Foy by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Thursday 27th March
My friends had booked a guide for the day so we went to La Plagne to explore. There was some great snow around.

27th March - La Plagne Off Piste by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Our guide was Christian, a very friendly chap

We finished the day with the Bellecote north face, where the snow had unfortunately been ruined by the wind. Our guide fell in the stream right at the end and we later discovered he broke his wrist Sad

Then not much happened for a while - mostly sunny.

Tuesday 8th April
A change in the weather, with a horrible gloomy morning

8th April by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

It brightened up by the evening.

Thursday 10th April
A clear night

10th April by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Friday 11th April
It was a calm day so I went flying. I was disappointed to find that the main flying area in Arc 2000 had suffered in the sun with lots of large bare patches. The take off was difficult as there wasn't much snow to use.

11th April by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Saturday 12th April
Another gloomy day, with rain in the afternoon

12th April by BadgerSpade, on Flickr
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tuesday 15th April
I cycled over to La Rosiere to see how far I could get up the Col du Petit St Bernard. After an hour and a half spent climbing 1000m a piste blocked my way:

15th April - Ride to La Rosiere by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Whilst there I took a photo of Villaroger - there's very little snow low down:

15th April - Ride to La Rosiere by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Wednesday 16th April
I set Emma up in the sun with my camera whilst I did a few flights.

16th April by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Unfortunately the wind was stronger than I'd expected so I called it a day and we headed over to the water pool event. This poor boy fell in and not only soaked himself and his bag, but also snapped a pole!

I tried it with my tip mounted camera which gave an interesting perspective

Thursday 17th April
Another sunny day, possibly the last for a few days so we went for an afternoon stroll to the Chapel des Vernettes.

April 17th - Walk to Chapel des Vernettes by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

A quick report on the snow conditions. There's been a lot of melting, but you can still get down to Plan Peisey without much trouble. Only the very bottom runs have been disappearing, although the flat roads are starting to suffer. Still plenty to enjoy, and maybe even some fresh snow to come!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saturday 19th April
The weather has changed, and it is noticably colder; infact, it's snowing in Peisey right now! There was a very light snowfall overnight, with the snow line at around 1600m. We went for a quick ski this morning and found 1-2cm of new snow on frozen pistes, which made a nice change.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ArseCaptain, Some lovely photos there Smile Have you enjoyed your season?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
genepi wrote:
ArseCaptain, Some lovely photos there Smile Have you enjoyed your season?

Thanks! I've had a great time, so nice to be able to ski when the weather is good and fit the work around it. Going to start packing up tomorrow in preparation for heading home on Sunday, but will hopefully have time for a token ski on the last day of lifts on Saturday. We may return next season, if we can find some accommodation from Jan - June so we can do some summery stuff as well - it seems a shame we have to leave our flat immediately after the lifts shut.

Thursday 24th April

24th April by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Still plenty of snow and some very enjoyable conditions once it had softened up.

Arcs 2000 has been looking very colourful.

Lanchettes has been shut since the weekend, and is very green in places now.

24th April - Last flights by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

I managed to complete my last flight of the season and without a single fatality. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ArseCaptain, Thanks for postings, great photos, looks like you had amazing time.
If you do it next time, you think it will be Peisey again or you spotted better locations?
For me it seems like it is a good combination of some authentic village but still easy access to skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy