Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Peisey (Reports from Les Arcs, Paradiski and surrounding areas)

Poster: A snowHead
kapt, Sadly snowcrazy, who is so good at keeping us abreast of what is going on in LA, is having to work at the moment - not sure how long this state of affairs is going on for...He is missed Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
genepi, Yes, thanks - agreed - I sort of gathered that may be the case. Didn't mean it as a complaint - it must have taken hours of his time previously and it is/was much appreciated. By the way - your username (If you don't mind enquiry) - saw a French guy offering some liquid refreshment around from a hollow ski pole a while back. He said same name - think I've seen it on shelves also??? Do I take it there's a connection? wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kapt, You've never sampled Genepi?? Its the pale green liquor offered at the end of a meal in many restos (specially Blanche Muree Madeye-Smiley ) I like it & it's similar to my real name (in fact one of my friends calls me Genepi in real life, for some reason.. I've certainly never drunk it from a ski pole though- never even been offered it for that matter... Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
genepi, Genepi is great in the Alps but every year we make the mistake of taking a bottle home and then realising it ain't so nice at a BBQ mid summer. We had a very wild night one night drinking it in La Bovate in Montchavin when Cyril ran the place. He was free pouring into brandy glasses. What a night, was drunk for 2 days after. Happy days.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kapt wrote:
ArseCaptain, Great to see the photos - am out in Les Arcs end of next week. Really useful to pickup info on conditions. Many thanks. As TFC says - pity the LA thread is a bit thin.

I suppose I can link to the reports in the relevant threads as well wink

Tuesday 18th February
We went further afield today and met a few friends in La Clusaz. This would normally involve driving on the road from Ugine to Val d'Arly, which is currently shut after a rockslide, so we had to take a windy diversion instead. This added some extra time to our journey as we were stuck behind a few slow vehicles!

In La Clusaz there was plenty of evidence of recent snowfall, but the pistes seemed to have taken badly to yesterday's sun, and were very hard in places. It quickly warmed up, with thermometers at the lifts reading between 7c and 24c - but the last one must've been wrong!

18th February - La Clusaz by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Looking back towards Les Arcs.. it got quite hazy towards the end of the day.

La Clusaz seems like a good choice for half term week, there were very few queues about, the busiest part seemed to be Manigod, and even then it was only a couple of minutes wait.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thursday 20th February
A beautiful day. It started cold - the pistes were rock solid. But by about 11 it had warmed up nicely.

There were some queues to be endured. Worst was for the Peisey chair, which curved around, with what seemed like the quickest side - the outside - taking the longest because one half the queue was going to 3 gates whilst the other half going to just one.. Puzzled

20th February by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

20th February by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

I spent the day speed riding, starting to get the hang of it now!

http://youtube.com/v/eky4qdXNTVM
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ArseCaptain, loving your journey on speed flying and i would really enjoy it but i feel i would be equally be frustrated by the speed that i would pass over all that terrain where i could be skiing..having said that i would still love to have a go.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ArseCaptain, You look very comfortable at the speed riding, that was up from the top of Lanchette back into 2000?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, Yep, turn right as you get off the lift and the take off is just beyond the crest.

MogulMonkey, It's a good activity to do when the snow is bad, not so frustrating when you're flying over hard crusty stuff Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some nice snow around in les arc today

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
timlongs, looks good! better than the snow I found this afternoon - quite crusty in places, but also some nice light snow elsewhere.

It started snowing late afternoon, and has picked up this evening; we've had more than 6cm so far! And its snowing heavily at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how this continues into the night, it seems to be more than has been forecast.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just got back from work in Peisey, certainly a lot more snow than was forecast!

AC - yep managed to find some good stuff today!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just got back from work in Peisey, certainly a lot more snow than was forecast!

AC - yep managed to find some good stuff today!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sunday 23rd February

23rd February by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

23rd February by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Beautiful day. A decent dusting overnight so the snow was very nice - around 10-15cm of fresh stuff to be found. It was busy - but not too busy. Was warm in the afternoon. Very little wind - made for good flying!

Monday 24th February
Pretty much the same as the previous day, except without the fresh snow and slightly warming and stronger winds. There was a bit of a Foehn wind and clouds could be seen lurking just over the other side from La rosier, but thankfully they stayed there.

I completed my speed riding lessons and got myself a 'licence' and skied home with my very own glider Toofy Grin

I've not been out the last couple of days so no photos or reports, but the weather has not been as good as over the weekend. I was down In Bourg doing some shopping this afternoon when it started raining, then heavy flakes of wet snow. This continued on the drive up the mountain which made it more interesting than usual, but our winter tyres did just fine. Since this afternoon we've had 11cm in Peisey, most of that in the first hour or two. Still snowing and looks set to continue for a while yet. Tomorrow looks good with the possibility of sunshine and no wind first thing!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thursday 27th February
Only a few more cm fell after my last post. There had been about 15cm of snow up the mountain, but unfortunately it fell on a hard base so wasn't as good as it might have been. Thursday morning was sunny and a nice temperature - and with a dusting pretty good as far as ski days go. It closed in early afternoon so we called it a day.

Only a crappy phone picture from that day:

Untitled by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Friday 28th February
There was 11cm of snow overnight in Peisey. It was above freezing in the morning and the fresh snow slowly melted away. It started snowing a few hours ago, but has only recently dropped in temperature and started accumulating down here. There's been about 3cm so far, but the forecast is for more, and with tomorrow being transfer day it could be a good one on the slopes snowHead
latest report
Saturday 1st March
March started with 14cm of snow overnight. I had a slow start and was on the slopes at around 10. Did Peisey, Derby then Transarc (no queues on saturdays see), having a play in the trees where appropriate. I had hoped to head up Aiguille Rouge but unfortunately the cable car wasn't running. The large area to the right of Lanchettes was good fun, hardly any tracks and fairly nice snow all the way down. After that I did Malgovert and then headed back to Peisey.

1st March - Malgovert by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

1st March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

All morning the sun was trying to come out - it was visible through the clouds, but did not quite manage to penetrate. The visibility wasn't too bad, and there was some light coming through, so it made for a good morning.

I made a quick video of the conditions

http://youtube.com/v/WEZzxpnXPg0
snow report
Thanks for continued updates. Heading out next Sat to Peisey
ski holidays
Sunday 2nd March
It had snowed over night, but not much. Enough to make the roads tricky, and require a clearing of the car. Around 2cm.

The pistes are in great condition, probably the best they've been all season. Snow forecast had said sunshine in the morning. Instead, we were stuck in the clouds. The sun could be seen through the clouds occasionally but no clearings. We had an early lunch in Bois de l'ours in 2000 (good value for simple food) and as we stepped out were greeted to clearing skies!

2nd March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

The clouds were persistent on the 1800 side of the valley, but provided an impressive view. I wished I had my proper camera with me on several occasions.

2nd March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Looks like snow tomorrow.
snow report
Monday 3rd March
It's been snowing overnight. Not loads - about 5cm - but it has turned heavy in the last half an hour. Today I shall be working from home and watching the snow fall snowHead
snow conditions
Monday 3rd March - part 2
We had around 12cm by early afternoon when it had warmed up and the snow turned damp. I set up my camera to do a timelapse, here's 1.5 hours of snow around midday:

http://youtube.com/v/u2nqEBg0OxM

Not snowing at the moment, but it looks like there may be more over night.
ski holidays
Thanks for the updates, subscribing to the thread as off to Arc 1800 on March 15th.
Snow conditions are looking good at the moment Smile
latest report
Looks like its going to get properly warm end of this week. Must be heading towards spring as Super U's display at the front is now advertising lawn mowers and gardening tools!
snow conditions
Tuesday 4th March
Another day in the clouds. It had snowed overnight but only a couple of cm. I went out early and did a few runs, managing to mostly stick on pisted pistes with a good dusting on top - perfect for fast carving. The pistes are great at the moment, hardly any hard bits to be found.

4th March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

There was quite a large queue for Peisey this morning, it was still quite big at 10am. I skied straight from a big queue at Peisey to an empty queue at Grizzly - strange. Might have to try catching that first thing in the morning, though busy season is nearly over.

4th March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

I didn't stay out for long, just enough to do a run each from Peisey, Grizzly and Derby. I went to Bourg in the afternoon to get some food and finally managed to cobble together enough Frech to the guy in Intersport to persuade him that my boots needed punching ('pousse coque') not putting in the oven for a 4th time.

It's been snowing very lightly since mid afternoon, but nothing much has accumulated. Looks like a period of sun is on its way.
snow report
Thank you! 4 sleeps
snow conditions
Wednesday 5th March
Perfect skiing day. Great snow on pistes, off piste still soft although very tracked out in the easy places, sunshine, and cool but not cold temperatures. But unfortunately there were also queues. Because of this we only went out for a couple of hours during the quieter lunch time hours.

5th March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr
ski holidays
Thursday 6th March
Sunny again. Slightly warmer than the previous day, but just about cold enough to keep snow in an OK condition, apart from the sun exposed areas.

It was busy, particularly trying to get back from Arc 2000 at around 3pm. There were big queues for Arcabulle, Bois d'lours, and surprisingly, Comborcier.

6th March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Friday 7th March
Decided to avoid the queues and went for a bike ride up to Vallandry instead. The thin mountain air and complete lack of cycling fitness after a few months without touching the bike meant that my lungs were struggling and I arrived at the top feeling rather light headed Laughing

7th March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

Hopefully I'll be able to improve on this over the next few weeks.

http://www.strava.com/activities/118417784
snow conditions
Just found this on the PV website, that I hadn't seen before - interesting for those who like a bit of off-piste, but not too off piste

http://www.peisey-info.com/Domaine/horspiste.html

And some scary videos too
snow report
genepi wrote:
Just found this on the PV website, that I hadn't seen before - interesting for those who like a bit of off-piste, but not too off piste

http://www.peisey-info.com/Domaine/horspiste.html

And some scary videos too

thanks for the link, it has some good routes on. Some are quite obvious, but others are a bit more adventurous! These should probably be taken with caution. I had a look around the yellow route down to Notre Dame des Vernettes as I fancied flying down there but it appeared to lead to some steep drops so I turned back.

Friday 7th March - Tuesday 11th March
I'm combining these reports because the weather has been very much the same each day. It has been very pleasant out on the slopes, warming up into the weekend although today was not quite so warm. The snow is holding up well - no slush just decent spring snow, slightly heavy towards the lowest levels.

flying has been good if a little breezy

10th March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

perfect weather for taking a dip

11th March by BadgerSpade, on Flickr

and generally admiring the views

the recent sand that turned the pistes brown is still visible:

Peeple still hurt themselves

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wednesday 12th March
Warm again, but also fairly windy. I was in Bourg at 2pm and it was hot - 20c! made a nice change to be walking around in shorts and tshirt whilst enjoying the warmth.
ski holidays
So, the 2300 lift in Plan Peisey is closed for the foreseeable future, following an accident where a teenager fell off the chair, breaking his leg & narrowly missing a class of small children on the piste below. Seems he was on his own on the chair, & somehow the chair swung, hit a pylon & then at the next pylon somehow the bar caught & opened, enabling him to fall. As it's such an unusual accident, there has to be a full investigation.

Very hot here & enjoying the sunshine, having tweaked my knee again in the low porridge
latest report
genepi, I was wondering why it was shut, thanks for the explanation!

It is indeed very hot here. The snow is starting to suffer, but generally the pistes are fine. I have some pictures from the last few days, hopefully I'll get them up soon.
snow conditions
Planning on an break at Easter as missing the snow, what are the chances of anything being left to play on?
latest report
We've been promised 50cms over the weekend Shocked Just hope it falls as snow, given that it was 18 degrees on our balcony at 5.30 this evening!
ski holidays
genepi, Yes, we are driving up late Saturday night. Got to make sure that we get snow chains in Geneva airport. Looking like an epic week next week. Cool
ski holidays
please please please... snow gods, hold on to it for us! we don't get out until 5th...
snow report
Next week looking a bit WoW
ski holidays
No snow yet! No rain either though. 5degrees & overcast on my balcony this morning.
snow report
genepi, Calm before storm hopefully. Our flight doesn't land until 8pm tonight into Geneva, so due in 2000 around 10-11pm, should be interesting.
latest report
thefatcontroller, Fingers crossed eh? Toofy Grin
snow report
thefatcontroller, By the way, I was told yesterday that this is going to be a really quiet week. Occupancy is only 20% apparently. Certainly lots of people leaving from here last night & this morning.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy