Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AT Ski boot help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,

So, I’m in the search for a new pair of boots for this season, and as you can imagine I’m having a hard time making my mind up.

First off, I’m 19, 5’7 and weigh about 125lbs, so I’m not a big guy by any means. That being said, I grew up as a racer and I’m a pretty aggressive skier.

I stopped racing a few years back and now, having moved out to Colorado for school, I have decided its time to progress further into a backcountry AT setup. Because of this, I’ve been looking at boots with the ski/hike joint in the cuff, to help with the uphill part.

Basically I have been having a hard time deciding on the right flex for me, as well as the right boot overall. Racing has obviously made me used to a stiff boot, so I think going too soft would limit my skiing. Being light weight seems to limit me at the same time, as many have suggested that a 130 or even a 120 flex would be too much.

Anyways, the boot ive been looking at and trying on have been between the Lange XT 100 and 120, and the Tecnica Cochise 110 and I have yet to try the 120. I’m open to the suggestion of a different brand (Dalbello perhaps), but the feel of these two boots have been good thus far.

Im basically looking for a good boot that will help me get into back and side country, without sacrificing anything on the way back down. If any of you guys could provide some insight on what might be my best path, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks
Justin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Justin,

best thing is to find a good boot fitter, who will help you find a good boot for you, the flex of boots is very much a personal thing, each person likes something a little different from the next, FIT of the boot however is critical to making the boot work for you

where are you based, still in Colorado?, i amy be able to suggest a fitter for you if you are

good luck
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy