Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montchavin - any apres?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip for a group of eight and have found a nice chalet in Montchavin. The only concern I have is on the apres front, we like to have at least a bit of a drink on the slope and possibly head out in the evening a couple of times. Is this possible from Montchavin or is it too far from the lively bars in La Plagne to make it back before the lifts close?

Many thanks Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not sure there are any lively apres bars in La Plagne, in my experience. Scotty's in Plagne Centre is probably one of the best and has a live band on some days as I recall. However, I've only stayed in Centre, so there might be some rocking bars elsewhere that I don't know about!

Evening-wise the action (such as it is) seems to be around Plagne Centre in Scotty's and a few of the bars in the precinct bit. It's all been done out since I was last there though, so it might have changed. It's a bit of a hike from Montchavin though.

If you want decent apres in France, go to Val d'Isere.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JoeySnowJo, there's not really any apres in Montchavin. There are a couple of bars but they tend to be very chilled. There are a a couple of bars up in Les Coches (e.g. Grotte du Yeti and Roxor) which can get quite lively if you pick the right night. You can get a bus up about 10pm but you'd have to get a taxi back down though.

You can't really do apres in La Plagne and then get back to Montchavin; Les Coches is your best bet (but don't expect it to be like Val/Austria).

Montchavin is a nice resort, really well placed for exploring the Paradiski. But it's quiet, attracts families and older couples/groups of friends.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy