Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz equipment hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Can anyone tell me what the nearest equipment hire shop to the MGM Les Fermes du Soleil residence in Les Carroz is?
Also any recommendations for same there?
Anyone stayed at MGM Les Fermes?
Thanks
John Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are between 4 and 6 places doing hire in the main square. That is less than 200 metres from MGM. Sorry I can't remember the names but the tourist office would let you know.I stayed in Les Fermes du Soleil in Summer 2004. It was very comfortable and good quality. I believe the MGM are all built to the same standard and I would go back. Les Carroz is beautifull . Enjoy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
provenjohn & Jacket222002, welcome to you both. I think that's a snowHeads first - - - - a first time poster gets a first timer reply. rolling eyes Sorry - no prizes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wecome! Les Carroz is lovely. You'll love the tree lined runs there. We stay in Samoens and have spend lots of sunny afteroons in Les Carroz.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the welcome. Its a great site. I have some more information for provenjohn on Les Carroz. I have located some more info.
www.carrozsports.com, www.easyski.fr, newloc.com
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Everyone

Amazing, a forum where people actually read & reply to you!

Don't know why I haven't found it before.

I skied down to Les Carroz last year & thought it looked nice.

Thanks for advice

John Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
provenjohn, I had a weekend there last year and really enjoyed it, I'm not sure where your apartment is exactly but the centre is compact so getting to the shops should be pretty easy.

The local webpage is useful, as is the map of resort. I'm sure you'll have a great stay.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, It will be New Loc, walk up the steps past the nursery and cinema, towards main square, turn left, two shops down on left. The mgm apartments sometimes have money off coupons when you check in.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi there, stayed in Les Carroz last April at the Belle Piste Hotel which was very nice. We hired from a small shop on the left hand side of the road which leads up from the tourist information centre towards the hotel but I agree with previous replies that there are a few hire shops to choose from in the village. Les Carroz is lovely - we came across it while researching buying an apartment and were sorely tempted but decided in favour of an MGM development at Le Grand Bornand instead but it was a very difficult choice between the two villages. One word of warning though - dont get caught out like we did regarding lift closure times which meant we couldn't get back to Les Carroz at the end of the day and had to ski down to Samoens and get a taxi back! Not very clever and totally our fault - I'm sure you wouldn't be as daft as us!! Have a great time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, welcome to Snowheads provenjohn and Jacket222002. I won't be too much help to you as to hire shops but just to say I went to Les Carroz for first time skiing in January this year and loved it. We stayed with a couple of friends who live there half the year, lovely village atmosphere, didn't feel at all like a holiday resort. Going back again coming January for four days.

Great run for me was the green tree lined long run down to Morillon and the blue running halfway down to Les Carroz - hoping to make it all the way down this time as it becomes an inviting (looks steep to me Shocked ) red.

Sure you'll have a great time. Despite the low altitude, when we went Flaine had next to no snow whilst Les Carroz had a major dump just before we arrived and again on our last day. I'm glued to the webcam day and night at the moment snowHead !
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy