Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria over New Year accommodation help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got space or cancellation for New Year in Austria, really having trouble getting anything! Flying into Salzburg so looking at Salzburg region or Tirol. Not looking for anything fancy, apartment of private room is fine, need a room for two people.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Zillertal tourist information website www.zillertal.at accommodation search had 23 entries for two people over New Year at various prices. Maybe have a look there, there might be something suitable.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks SaraJ, I've sent out messages to some of them, fancy Zillertal as one area of Austria I haven't been to yet and being able to use the train to get from A to B would be handy. Often the information on the tourist websites is out of date, need to be lucky! Doesn't have to be resort centre but needs to be near a ski bus.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saalbach.com has a few options. If the Astrid Apartment is still available, I'd highly recommend it, assuming that it is within your budget. Ski-in/ski-out on piste 51, 5 mins walk to the village centre but well out of the way of the noise. The Astrid also has an excellent restaurant on the ground floor, the Kohlmaisstub'n.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
quinton, thanks but budget less than that, looks a nice place, currently willing to maybe up to maybe €600 a week for self catering accommodation for two people.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Ross, You can also try searching on www.tiscover.com
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Ross, maybe that's still a bit tight for one of the most expensive weeks of the year?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter Ross, As above - I do know of a ski in/out studio in St Anton at £699 pp - PM if of interest
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I do know of a ski in/out studio in St Anton at £699 pp

per person? Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
we stayed in Hippach in the Zillertal 4 years ago for new year and managed to pay 22 euros per person b&b, we were up the hill a little way but the ski bus stopped close by.
i'm not sure of the hotel name i'm affraid but there's definitly deals out there, don't miss the new years eve-eve party in hippach if you do end up in the Zillertal!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Montana, I've been to St Anton last few New Years! Can't beat it really but decided to spread my wings this year.

pam w, nah, Austria can be very good value, just a lot of the value stuff booked up and waiting on cancellations now. I did get an offer of about €20 a night in Zillertall about 2km the other side of Finkenburg but don't think it will work without a car as want to be able to go out in the evenings. Got another offer in Zell am Ziller near the lifts around €600 a week apartment with sauna and pool, think I'll take that.

andy'n'netty a good deal, although hills are a killer especially at the end of the day!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alastair Pink, have looked at tiscover alright, throwing the kitchen sink at this one!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter Ross, should've returned to St Anton, you know it makes sense! wink Hope you get sorted.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy