Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Haglofs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Would people recommend Haglofs clothing? i haven't really come across them before and just wondered what quality they are comparable and if they are value for money.

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it that time already?, I've just bought hubby a HAglofs jacket. Although I was initially concerned it was too big, Santa delivered it early this evening, and it is absolutely fine. Arms look a bit too long, but that can be easily remedied. Very good quality Goretex.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Top of the range Norwegian company. I have some thermal long johns by them that are everyday skiwear. Super thin but super warm. G2 outdoor (a major adventure company in the Cairngorms) use them. Not sure if they are sponsored or just love them. Good rucksacks too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a Haglofs insulated jacket… the hood cinch lasted about 2 uses before coming away inside the hood rendering it useless. It was replaced with a Montane one which has been bombproof.

I think I got a bad one, but still… it's put me off buying any more haglofs stuff.

My Arc'teryx jacket which is a few years old has been indestructible.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it that time already?, I have a Haglofs soft shell, which is excellent. I also bought a Haglofs ski shell, but sadly that had to go back because I couldn't find a good mid layer fleece which would go underneath it, partly because armhole (ie top of sleeve) was a bit small. The jacket looked terrific, very nice cut, but with a thick fleece underneath was uncomfortable under the arms. I spent ages in Cotswold Outdoor trying all sorts of combinations but it wasn't going to happen.

But yes, they are good quality. Are they value for money? Well, they are quite expensive and I have little doubt you can get equally good performance from some cheaper brands. The jacket I bought, and sadly had to give back, was very nice but quite honestly probably wouldn't have performed any better than my existing jacket which I bought at half the price in a sale! http://www.haglofs.com/en-us/products/clothing/layers/shell-layer/women/couloir_iii_q_jacket_en-us.aspx
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They're Swedish not Norwegian. Pretty expensive but very good quality. Ive got a fleece which is undoubtedly the best Ive ever owned, very smart and very well made. Next time I need a new jacket I'll probably get a Haglofs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for the replies - much appreciated!

now to decide.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy