Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year half board Ski Holiday help needed please . . .

Poster: A snowHead
My son and his teacher GF desperately need a snowboarding holiday. They need half board, in a reasonable size resort with at least one snow park. We have looked but the prices are silly, any thoughts for something a little more reasonable? Need to fly from the South, Bournemouth, Southampton, London etc. thanks in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dates?

If it's over New Year itself then I'm seeing a week departing 28/12 in a decent looking chalet in plan Paisey (Les Arcs) with Direct Ski for for £1300pp, inc LGW flights and transfers - is that too much?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 8-12-13 20:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IncogSkiSno, booking at this stage is likely to be very expensive and flight prices (for a DIY option) are certainly silly.

their best bet will probably be to go for a very late booking, and be flexible about the details. I looked at Action Outdoors but they have nothing for that week.

Could they do Christmas - more likely to be late bargains for Christmas (though they'd need to be watchful about the snow forecasts which aren't great at present, in some areas).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This time last week there were some fantastic deals for Christmas week, they're starting to dry up now though. New Year is the other end of the scale.

I know this as I've been looking too, the OH can't make her mind up as to whether we're going Christmas/New Year or not at all (still not feeling too great following appendix op so wants to hold out a little longer until she decides).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They can't do Christmas, so it has to be NY week or half term due to her teaching commitments.

red 27, Yes far too much, but thanks for trying.

pam w, it's looking that way. They have been together for about 5 yrs but have never had a ski holiday together.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
IncogSkiSno, Rocket ski has 'chalet hotel' stuff for 1/2 that price in Alpe D'Huez or Risoul - but only from Manchester

Or Mountainsun offer £550pp for 5 nights in their rough and ready (but friendly and fun) chalet in Les Coches (inc transfer but no flights)

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 8-12-13 20:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hammerite, I hope she feels better soon. I am shocked by the prices, I haven't been skiing Christmas or New year for a while, and it is silly money, no wonder parents take their children out of school!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27, Yes I'd looked on there, and saw those deals, shame!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IncogSkiSno, just checked now.... Claviere travel out from Stansted on 28th, half board £699 with Crystal, which for that week is very good. I'm sure they can find a park in the Milky Way.

Thanks for the good wishes for the OH, not sure I can face a Christmas at home! (we've been away the last 3 Christmases and I much prefer it!)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hammerite, Thanks, We did see that one, however not sure the resort would offer enough for my son, but would be fine for his GF, and the hotel might be over run with kids so it would need looking into. I have sent him it again, to have another think. Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IncogSkiSno, my daughter and then BF (now husband) were both teachers when they did a half term trip to Flaine with Action Outdoors. Flaine, and some of the other UCPA centres have double rooms - they had a very good room with its own balcony and the price was terrific. Half term won't be any busier than New Year (not that that's saying much). They went by coach from London, saving quite a bit on independent flights at that time.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Slightly OT but the vitally important thing for skiing teachers is to get involved in organising the school trip (or trips plural in some cases).

The expense of a H/T holiday then becomes a moot point as you get a lovely freebie for the token effort of herding the bairns in and out of the odd coach / cafe / gondola
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and taking them to the hospital when they break a leg or ACL, and patrolling the corridors till the early hours to make sure they've gone to sleep etc etc etc.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27, Yes my friend's daughter does this every year and that is great Very Happy However this is something they desperately want to do together, and it's getting very frustrating for them missing out each year and him going with his mates - they need this experience together Confused

pam w, thanks - That might be worth thinking about, I will suggest it to them. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27, depending on the school, the school ski trip can be extremely competitive to get a place on amongst the teachers. The OH has tried many times, but it's been the domain of the PE teachers. I need to make sure the primary school I end up working in has a ski trip!
snow report
IncogSkiSno, understood.

perhaps give mountainsun a bell - they might have something?
snow report
IncogSkiSno, first week of the Easter school hols is a good alternative for teachers. We've done Christmas/Easter for the past few years.
snow conditions
hammerite, Laughing I like the way you're thinking - catch em young!

My teacher friend is 'Head of Sums' and takes footy and cricket too and so is next to God in the teacher ranks and as his Mrs is indeed PE Miss they have it totally sown up
ski holidays
red 27, being in primary I'm likely to be one of the few men in school, so will probably find it easier to get on the perk trips like these. I've only done one lot of teaching experience so far on my course and ended up being school rugby team coach by my second day!
snow conditions
try skiweekends - they arent too expensive and often have some late-ish availability.
snow conditions
A bit of a different option, but www.skiweekends.com are currently offering the New Year week for £499 in their Half Board Hotel in Bride Les Bains, with coach travel from the UK. Sounds like a bargain to me.
latest report
IncogSkiSno,

I agree with earlier comments - and suggest they try Easter.

Stansted to Geneva 12 April with easy jet, returning a week later, £88 return!

I don't know why Easter is so unpopular as it's a great time to ski!
wink
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
A bit of a different option, but www.skiweekends.com are currently offering the New Year week for £499 in their Half Board Hotel in Bride Les Bains, with coach travel from the UK. Sounds like a bargain to me.

I've done the coach thing there with them. Was a trifle worried what I had let myself in for. For the price it was excellent. The journey is actually surprisingly OK. Most people have a bit of a drink, watch a couple of films and then once an hour or two into France, sleep until almost there.

(Phone them up and chat nicely for an added discount Wink )
latest report
Update:

I have suggested the UPCA and the coach, they will happily do either or both if needs be, and have found something reasonable in Peisey, which would be ideal as he knows the area and liked it, so she will have her lesson in the morning and they board together in the afternoon. They are still looking, but at least they have some options. I think the Ski Weekends is a very good deL, so have also suggested that.

Thanks All! Please keep the suggestions coming Very Happy
latest report
IncogSkiSno wrote:
My son and his teacher GF desperately need a snowboarding holiday. They need half board, in a reasonable size resort with at least one snow park. We have looked but the prices are silly, any thoughts for something a little more reasonable? Need to fly from the South, Bournemouth, Southampton, London etc. thanks in advance!

try Lescarrozchalets
1 room remaining 29th dec to 4 the Jan.
Close to GVA or easiest drive from UK.
latest report
IncogSkiSno, From Crystal
Hotel Scoiattolo, in Gressoney La Trinité, Italy
Crystal Ski Rating 4
Package price (details)
was £803
£653 per adult

£1306 total party price

We are going again half term this year, really great Hotel. There's a park at Gabiet above the village, which they may have to themselves.
This is a better price than we paid (don't tell the wife.)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy