Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Shogun for a Lady?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With Xmas fast approaching I thought a new pair of all mountain skis would be the perfect present for the OH. Found a pair of Salomon Shogun 100 2013 in 164cms for a good price. They seem like a decent all rounder with a with rocker and decent width underfoot. The OH currently skis on K2 Silencers (a park ski, but I think quite soft and light). She is a technically good skier, likes the powder and groomed, not particularly aggressive skier. My concern would be the stiffness of the Shogun, it's marketed as a man's ski. Also struggling to find any info on weight? Would likely mount a pair of touring bindings for the odd short ski tour.

Any views?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
waynos, Thee female equivalent is the Geisha, It is the exact same ski with different graphics. Weights below

Size (cm) 164 173 182 191
Tip Width (mm) 126 128 130 132
Waist Width (mm) 97 99 101 103
Tail Width (mm) 116 118 120 122
Turning Radius (m) 20.6 23.1 25.1 28.7
Indiv. Ski Weight (g) 1852 1944 2040 2140
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fattes13, Thanks for that, that has convinced me to order the shoguns in that case. Found this article about the geisha http://www.elysesaugstad.com/2009/11/my-2010-salomon-ski-review.html
Give a good review, sounds spot on the mrs waynos and waynos jnr is getting some 130 shoguns at a bargain price too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some geishas going in the classifieds...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dashed, Not a bad buy that, but need next size up, already have touring bindings and skins that may fit. Going for the shoguns, new for £250.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
waynos, I am about to hand a pair to a friend of mine after 4 years of loyal service i will miss them
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy