Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ADVICE ON KNEE PROBLEM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
jbob, I shall go and see the medical centre tomorrow, if there's not too much snow to get the car out (it's tanking down at the moment) and will report back.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pam-Tanking here too, I wait with interest. One thing I will start doing is resting on my rest days rather than Fonding, or long walks Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jbob, very rapid visit to the medical centre this morning. Greeted at door by doctor (the same one who told me that I'd be able to walk without crutches 3 - 4 weeks after fracturing my pelvis last year - he recognised my name) who examined the knee, said it was essential to get the swelling down, prescribed anti-inflammatory patches, ice, etc. I asked about a steroid injection and he said he could do that, but that the other doc in the centre couldn't, so unless the medication was in stock in the pharmacy I'd have to come back on Wednesday. But it was in stock, he did the injection, took off 3cc of fluid, and the whole thing, including the trip down to the pharmacy plus buying some fresh bread, didn't exhaust my one hour parking ticket.

He warned me the knee might be a bit more painful for a day or so after the injection and was clear that until the swelling was gone I shouldn't ski, or should take it very easy. But he thought it would be fine by Sunday (though I have to drive all day Saturday to get to Arabba).

I really don't want to miss two Birthday bashes in a row! Shocked So I feel very pleased with my morning. snowHead

Lovely fresh snow this morning, on quiet pistes, but I won't be back on ski before Arabba - don't want to push my luck.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, yes a nice rest with a good book and a few glasses of wine should sort out your knee in time for the weekend.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, +1. Hopefully that will sort it
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells, holidayloverxx, thanks! Am currently cooking supper for friends tonight, listening to the radio. Most pleasant. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy