Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre hire Skiis online or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It looks like we will be using an Inter sport in Zell for our ski hire. Is it worth pre hiring online or just wait until we get there? We arrive about lunch time Sat Dec 17th.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not? In Austria they like you to fill your personal details on a form (not so common in France?), so you save a bit of time, and the gear is there waiting for you with your name on a little tag snowHead I think you get a good discount as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you know they've got what you want why not - specific skis etc. I trailed around 3 or 4 shops last year when I'd just gone for the weekend to find the type of ski I wanted in my size most others in my group just got any old rubbish from the first shop they went to - I'd have certainly benefitted from a store that had a decent hire range posted on line.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
or you could pre hire in the uk. We use www.edge2edge.co.uk who can have the skis ready for you at the airport for collection (Gatwick) and I think might even deliver?

ScottyDog
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob,
Quote:

I'd have certainly benefitted from a store that had a decent hire range posted on line.

I have used an online service, I think its called snowrental.com. Great online service let down by the contracted resort shop not having the skis reserved, and poorly prepared skis. Renry, If you can deal direct with the shop, it may work well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
scottydog wrote:
or you could pre hire in the uk. We use www.edge2edge.co.uk who can have the skis ready for you at the airport for collection (Gatwick) and I think might even deliver?

I've always wondered what the advantage of this is? I've been put off as you then have to pay ski carriage and haul them to resort right? And if they break/don't suit aren't you a bit stuck? I'd be interested to know why it works better than in resort for you? aj xx
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im considering using these http://www.intersportrent.at/shops/?lang=en&season=# there are 2 stores in Zell and plenty nearby

Anybody had any experience with them?

they have the Salomon Streetracer 60 that I want

Embarassed I only need Skis and poles, it does not appear to say, do poles generaly come with hire skis??? Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Renry

I have used Intersport twice online with good results, always had poles with the Skis from all companies

Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is my first post so hello snowheads.....we pre hired boots and skis/boards and even lift tickets last season in chatel, still took an age to get sorted but definately saved a few quid but you could only select a grade of ski or board online not exact models, but overall worthwhile and the shop would upgrade once we got there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys.
Hi and welcome along provenjohn, &grayrad,
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ajhainey wrote:
scottydog wrote:

I've always wondered what the advantage of this is? I've been put off as you then have to pay ski carriage and haul them to resort right? And if they break/don't suit aren't you a bit stuck? I'd be interested to know why it works better than in resort for you? aj xx

I like it as I hire things that I might buy. Main advantage is that I can sit with my feet up at the bar on arrival in resort in the evening , with some boots/skis that are in very good nick, whilst my friends are dragged down to the rental shop by the host/rep to get in a queue to be kitted out. And if we arrive early enough in the day, I am on the slopes getting an extra afternoons skiing in, and same goes if the bus on the final day doesnt leave until mid-morning/lunch.

You also avoid any nasty surprises in resort on the quality of equipment available in your sizes etc.

And it works for edge2edge, as I now own boots and skis as a result! Girlfriend is hiring skis from them but just bought boots too. And if she likes the skis she rents, we can buy them at a reduced price upon return.

ScottyDog
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've only pre-ordered skis once & had the exact skis I wanted waiting for me in the shop when I got there which was nice - I knew exactly what I was getting. The only downside I would say is that I know a lot less about skis than the people who run the hire shop, so whether they were the 'right' skis for me or not is another question! On the other hand, I've never had a problem hiring decent skis doing it the ordinary way - you can always take them back & change them if they don't suit (I've done this before - never a problem).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd want to see what the shop had before I commited myself. I'm fully prepared to see whats around. I don't expect a price break 9/10 just that I know what sort of ski I will want. The other reason I do this is because I may hire a specific ski for the conditions which I will not really know what they're like until I get there and then the tech will tell me whats its like up top.
And the upgrade to Premium skis is worth it to me IMO
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy