Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dull detail question about buying Carte Neige online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am curious about two things:

1. when buying online you have to join a sports/ski club. In the past we have variously adhered to the SCs of the Annecy Telecoms Workers Union, the Haute Savoie Customs Agents and the French Army High Mountain Training School (because membership costs were €0)

Is this purely a revenue generating scheme for the clubs?

Or do we get to wear customs uniforms, climb telegraph poles and chase chamois in polar camo gear?

2. There is a requirement for a medical cert for the first time purchase - this is not required for a renewal.

Oddly though, our first three CNs were bought in person at the ESF Argentiere, and twice at ESF Samoens. There was no requirement for a medical certificate to do that.

Leaving speculation aside please, anyone know why we didn't need a certificate the first time?

Answers such as "contact the club/underwriters" will be taken out, tortured to within a hairsbreadth of their pathetic little lives and shot.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anything which increases the amount of bureaucracy is clearly a good thing and likely to be espoused by our French Friends.

I'm curious how much a season Carre Neige cover costs - how many weeks do you have to ski before it becomes good value?

There is an advantage to their (apparently largely paper based) bureaucracy - they do not share claims information with other UK insurers. Make of that what you will, I wouldn't care to comment.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ham, Total was about €60. That includes premium to include repatriation.

No idea when that becomes good value vs normal travel insurance it's just a top up to our Swiss medical and accident insurances so for us I think it's a no brainer.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So more than the 10 - 15 days I ski then ....

The good thing about Carre Neige is its comprehensive ski cover including hauling you off the mountain, should that be required. One of those little things you hope never ever to need.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We buy ours alongside our season passes for the Grand Massif. If you buy it before 10 Dec 13 I think it is discounted from 40-30 eruros, otherwise it is 3,- per day. Never had to associate/join with any club.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have to buy mine from the "Club des Sports" in Les Saisies - not available from the lift pass office. I think the Club must make a small profit on the sales. I've not had to do any medicals in the past. There is little or no "bureaucracy" involved - far less than when I bought my UK travel insurance and filled in quite a long form and got pages of small print.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ham, Basil, Carre Neige and Carte Neige are two different things.

Carte Neige is annual and covers you for most (mountain?) sports. Carre neige covers skiing in the area you buy it in with your lift pass.

pam w, yeah, that's what happened in Argentiere and Samoens. Just the online thing is different. Maybe they rely on the vendor to assess the state of your health? Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, ah, yes, come to think of it he did look me up and down with narrowed eyes before shrugging and pressing the button to print out my membership certificate.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ahh... I'd missed that, thanks. Still, both are provided by the sausages, I think (their email address is xxx@diot.fr Wink )
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ham, I was liking the serendipitous conjunction of your and Basil's names Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy