Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitting in Manchester?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, first post in this forum and hoping somebody could point me in the right direction Smile

I am heading over to Manchester from NI next week and hope to get ski boots fitted while I'm there. I know there is Ellis Brigham and a couple of other places which offer a boot fitting service. Just wondering if they are any good or if there are other places that would be recommended for fitting?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Search for Rivington Alpine on here for reviews Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yep, another for Rivington Alpine, Graham fitted mine a couple of years ago, I'd recommend him!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sparky160, if you do go to Ellis Brigham in M'cr there is guy there called Dave Casey who was recommended to me once by an in resort fitter, I got sorted and so never went. Apparently he's been there a good while and knows his stuff.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks very much. Read about Rivington Alpine but unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to travel out to there and back to Manchester on time for my flight which sucks Sad. Thanks for the recommendation sarah, do you know which of the Ellis Brigham stores he works in? (I think there's 2?). Anywhere else in Manchester that would be recommended?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sparky160, castlefield store, ring and check though, and like I say I have no direct experience of him.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, At least it's something to go on. I'm sure there's bound to be somebody on this forums who has had him fit them for boots lol
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sparky160, how are you getting between the airport and the city centre? If you;re using the train, it may be as easy to carry on through to Rivington as it is to get off in Manchester and find the ellis brigham store

Having said that, we bought Mrs NBT's last pair of boots from EB in Castlefield (nearest station is Deansgate) and the fitter there seemed to be ok, she's been using them for several seasons now without issue, so I'm not saying anything bad about EB - don't know who fitted Mrs NBT's boots though
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sparky160 wrote:
Thanks very much. Read about Rivington Alpine but unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to travel out to there and back to Manchester on time for my flight which sucks Sad. Thanks for the recommendation sarah, do you know which of the Ellis Brigham stores he works in? (I think there's 2?). Anywhere else in Manchester that would be recommended?

Thanks

Hi sparky160 Dave does work at the Castlefield, 6+ years. He's great, very careful. We've also got Rob in the Deansgate branch who's been with us 15+ years. It would be worth checking with each store what days they are in if you did want to use EB.

Graham at Rivington is also very good Little Angel

Feel free to PM if you want any more details
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers for all the help. Just home from Manchester and got fitted by Dave in Ellis Brigham Castlefield store. Absolutely cracking job on fitting the boots and nothing was a problem when it came to getting and making the boot as good a fit as possible. Spent 4 hours I'm sure fitting / moulding footbeds etc. Super happy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sparky160, sounds good, will you report back please on how they are when you ski in them? snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yea, I will for sure. Cheers for the recommendation. More than happy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy