Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Molina or Masella

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been, how did they find it? It looks a good option for a short break from Barcelona.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Otherwise where else is good from Gerona for skiing?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did look at it a few years ago, isn't it quite far west from Gerona? You can get to Andorra or Baqueira Beret from Gerona I think, and there are quite a few resprts along the length opf thew pyrenees

here's a not very helpful map of the french ski resorts

http://www.touradour.com/towns/skiing.htm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Ross, andorra is not far and grandvalira is now up and running.

www.grandvalira.com
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have done a bit of research and masella looks good from a proximity and skiing perspecitive http://www.masella.com. http://www.goski.com/resorts/esmasella/resort_welcome.html?cntry_or_state=find&rorc=spain&from=state&bc=RIR I even got some positive feedback. But a little worried about the crowds as plan to go from Dec 29th to Jan 3rd but I suppose that is a problem anywhere at that time! There really is alot of skiing in Spain but I reckon as it isn't in too many brochures it is unknown.

nbt, thanks for the link, I recognise some of those towns from Le Tour de France.

Paul Mason, what do you think are the chances of getting accommodation in Grand Valira area at that time of year, especially as we are splitting two weeks? It would be a good choice as lots of English speakers there (although currently trying to learn Spanish) Razz
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Ross, worth a try definitely. I am sure a snowHead who visits this site had accommodation available. I will try and remember. It was something like dcydiver or similar.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Paul Mason, Thanks, I am sure we will get something, at the moment I am in day one planning as only booked the flight this morning.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter Ross, found it.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=124044&highlight=#124044
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paul Mason, Thanks
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was in La Molina one saturday in feb - it was very crowded with teenage snowboarders! If you're taking the train from Barcelona make sure you get to the station early and be prepared to barge your way on, otherwise you won't get a seat it's a (very slow) three hour train ride to La Molina. I was assured the place was dead quiet during the week though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peter Ross, I have just checked the dates you mentioned and regret to say the apt is occupied at that time. Have you made any inquiries locally (Gerona) because frequently there are bus trips arranged by local travel agents and they include accom (Hostal type) and it will really help your Catalan, if I could subtract 30/40 years from my age I'd be on some of these, they look like fun Toofy Grin
Paul Mason, Thanks for that. Must meet up some time.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dypcdiver, Thanks. I haven't made accommodation investigations yet but I assume it will be difficult so La Molina is only one option and am worried about the crowds because of proximity to Barca. How long would it talk to drive from Gerona to Andorra by car? Catalan is not my stong point but am learnig Espanol.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter Ross, At that time of year 3hr, but beware of passing through Andorra La Vella at rush hour, it can add an hour to the time.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dypcdiver, That would be one factor on where we could ski as we fly back from Girona at 20.35 on Jan 3rd so could get in another day if traffic and distance were manageable. Would Jan 2nd be a busy day on the roads, do alot of people return to work the next day? Also do you know if you hire a car will it have winter tyres or provide chains? snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter Ross, 2nd of Jan should be OK as it is a Monday, at that time of year many Spaniards will still be on holiday until the 6th (Kings). Why not stay the extra night and travel on the 3rd?
As for snow tyres I would say unlikely but you could book chains in advance through one of the bigger hire companies, cheap chains can be had in Andorra for most common makes for about €35 so bear that in mind. Arriving from the Spanish side is usually reasonably clear however the French are notorious for not clearing their roads, hence the 24 hr stuck in a coach horror stories of last season. We'll be up after the crowds go ie. 7th onwards Very Happy
snow conditions
Dypcdiver, Thanks for the info. Accommodation looks expensive in Andorra but I suppose it's the time of year. If I am coming from Girona is it possible to approach Andorra from either the Spanish and French side?
snow report
Peter Ross, In a word yes, but expand a little more I would have to find a map and I don't have one to hand, off the top of my head I seem to remember it involves a tunnel to get into France. Sad
snow report
Dypcdiver, but is the normal approach via Andorra la Vella as the roads are better? My online routefinder guides me via France up through alot of very windy roads. I assume this would be a risky approach if the weather was bad? Puzzled
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy