Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SANEF toll pass

Poster: A snowHead
ringingmaster, I remember when I set my APRR doofer up I was advised to use 00000 (or similar) as the postcode and it worked fine. I just entered my proper post code in another address field.

sarah, APRR now allow CC updates via the website (at least thet did last year when updating my CC).

DJL, I'd had my doofer for around three years and the "beep" failed when going through the peage. Barrier operated OK but thought it might have been an indication of a battery fail or summat. I exchanged it within 5 minutes at an APRR office on the A39 (south of Dijon) but had to be a bit careful of travelling times due to their opening hours (there is also one at Bourg en Bresse services too I believe). You say you used "agence commerciale", are they an office which replaces any make of doofer or were you referring to APRR specific offices?.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just checking my log in for APRR. All fine, but just realised it is actually 20€ cheaper to travel to Serre Chevalier than it is to travel to Val Thorens, I did not realise the difference was that much.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've got 2 APRR tags in the family, I picked one up first and then sold the idea to the parents who are old school. Mine occasionally has no beep and its been like that since I got it, but it works fine. It tends to not beep at particular peages, for example it doesn't seem to like the one on the A8 at Antibes. Sadly the charge still appears on the statement Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Basil, that's good to know, assuming I can remember how I set up my postcode to get into the online system Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarah, I am sure when registered, I used the 00000 t in the postcode field, however, APRR had corrected that to be my proper UK postcode when I attempted to log in. Your postcode is your password for initial setup I think.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks to the tips on here I just checked my APRR account and I can see that credit card details can be updated online, which saves a slightly tricky call like I had to make last time
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells, thanks for that, when I get a mo, I will check it out Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Basil, IN my case it was a SANEF office. I think I used the one at Reims just after the new bypass branches out. You are right that if you typically travelo n a weekend the offices are shut.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
had one for two years we generally travel twice/year & I don't care about the deposit/admin cost......just feels great whipping through @ 30kph & passing all the tight asses..he he

So funny & it means that my wife isn't messing around with cash etc....so simple why would you not do it?

The down side is when you get your bank statement & realise what the French charge the Brits to drive on their motorways.....tell me what do we charge them?

Only asking!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So, do any of you travel with roof boxes and can you fit under the normal doofer lanes?

I had a sanef doofer and for one reason or another it stopped working by about the third toll and just caused hassle. I ended up returning it about 6 months after we got home.

Wind forward a few years and I am thinking about giving it another go but put off by the issues I had before. I am the passenger though and have to deal with the tolls so there is a lure for me to do something about it.

We drive qashqai with a roof box. What sort of height do the doofer lanes cover??
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a roofbox but height is still under 2m so can use the fast lanes. My roofbox sits to one side of the car so does not obscure the doofer which is fixed adjacent to the rear view mirror and I have never had trouble passing through. Could be your device may have been obscured and you do have to consider what type of screen you have as those with heated elements can shield the sensor. Then again yours may have been faulty. I expect your car would pass through all lanes except those signed at 2m.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a roofbox but height is still under 2m so can use the fast lanes. My roofbox sits to one side of the car so does not obscure the doofer which is fixed adjacent to the rear view mirror and I have never had trouble passing through. Could be your device may have been obscured and you do have to consider what type of screen you have as those with heated elements can shield the sensor. Then again yours may have been faulty. I expect your car would pass through all lanes except those signed at 2m.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Farry, we drive an X-trail with a roof box and can go through the lanes, so you should have no problem with the height limit which is 2m with your Qashqai, as it will not be as tall as ours.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As some have already stated on here APRR Doofer can be ordered online and is the cheapest one to get and use. Can be linked to your UK Credit card.

When it asks you for postcode put in 00000 as the French postcodes are 5 digits ( numbers ) Put your UK Password in one of the main address fields.

This then becomes your initial password which you can then change once online

You can now order replacement online and change card details online as well.

In relation to lasting for battery, we got ours in November 2010. It did two trips to the alps in 2011, 2012, and three in 2013.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nothing much more to add. I used one for the first time earlier this year, biggest benefit is not having to get the van close enough to the ticket station for the co pilot to say I'm still not close enough. I wish it was a little cheaper though like my dart tag
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

whizzing past 4x4s

it's they who do the whizzing, burning up the diesel. You just sail past in stately fashion and low revs. wink

I have a snow ready 4x4, and I have a SANEF tag, and I don't "whizz", well, not until everyone else stops and starts buggering about with snow chains etc, my Pathfinder just drops into 4WD and eats up the miles, and on the way back, hill decent mode keeps us safe on the glassy corners.

I am amazed that people who ski are saying 30/40 euro's for the sanef kit is expensive, have they found a ski resort where you can but a meal for 3 euro's?
snow report
Farry, YEs easily - the 2m lanes are not actually 2m, chains which can be brushed aside, We can get our Discovery with roofbox through and that is around 2.6m

Obviously disclaimers apply if you hit one!
snow conditions
Quote:

The down side is when you get your bank statement & realise what the French charge the Brits to drive on their motorways.....tell me what do we charge them?

Only asking!

Well for the toll roads and bridges in the UK, they pay the going rate, same as we pay the going rate for their toll roads. There are free alternatives using N roads. Don't forget all the toll-motorways are private companies so not funded by general taxation in France so revenue has to be raised by tolls. Like the M6 toll.

Apologies if that was teaching granny to suck eggs answer!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy