Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lpg in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Looking at splitting up my overnight dash to Tignes based on the distance I can get out of my LPG tank which is between 250 - 300 miles. So it looks like a refill, wee and coffee stop around Troyes and Lyon. Anyone know the best places to stop? Is LPG readily available on the autoroute? Not interested in venturing far from the autoroute to save a few pennies, just wanna fill up and crack on.

Thoughts Guys?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Coco, This website will help with your search, just search for GPLc and the area in which you wish to stop and refuel.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is LPG at pretty much every service station on the autoroute, it is on the signs before you need to turn off so check these to be sure.

You will need the French adaptor if you don't have one already, these are available from the first service station on the autoroute outside Calais.

I've not seen LPG in the mountains, so worth filling up before you start heading uphill so you've got enough to get up and back down the mountain for next refill.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers Guys, got the adapter already, helped me out already
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Coco, LPG is easier to find in France than in the UK in my experience. The Super U in Bourg St Maurice has been selling it for years, and as Mistress Panda suggests, you're safe at pretty much any motorway service station (I only get around 200-230 miles from a tank and never plan stops in advance but in recent years I've only been caught out once at a silly little automatic filling station at a motorway junction; wouldn't have pulled off if I'd bothered to read the signs but just expected it to be there....).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As already said - nearly every station along the m'way has lpg - and another benefit is there is very rarely anyone in front of you - so know waiting!

I just wish they would allow lpg on the tunnel - so annoying! - Does anyone know why they dont??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dippy, maybe because its explosive ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BergenBergen, whereas petrol isn't?

Here's a piece which sheds some light on the "danger" of lpg: http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/danger.html

I think the actual reason that LPG cars aren't allowed is that Eurotunnel can't be bothered. This is from Glass's Guide way back in October 2004:
Quote:
When will LPG vehicles be permitted in the Channel Tunnel?

LPG vehicles have never been banned on safety grounds. The tunnel was first opened for petrol and diesel vehicles and originally permission was not sought for alternatively fuelled vehicles. At the time there were under 3500 LPG vehicles on British roads, but now there are over 100,000 and with France has experiencing a similar rate of growth, an application has been made to the operators for a change in the carriage regulations to allow LPG powered vehicles. We understand that following satisfactory risk assessments the policy is likely to change.

I think people have since given up lobbying.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have travelled on the tunnel, many times, simply by removing the tank. No tank - vehicle not capable of running on lpg. Just a lot more expensive to put petrol in!
This year we are taking Diesel vehicle and going on tunnel - not as comfortable as Range Rover - but I would still prefer to use the tunnel than have the extra hassel and cost of the ferry!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy