Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Study finds skiing really DOES make you a healthier, happier person

Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if this has been posted already.
Quote:
Skiing improves people's overall happiness, even if they only go occasionally
It makes them happy and this can also improve their health and well-being
Those who get the most benefits are the skiers who manage to 'switch off' and forget about everything else while they are on the slopes
Skiers enjoyed their activity more than snowboarders, the researchers found

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2517424/Heres-excuse-book-skiing-holiday-Study-finds-really-DOES-make-healthier-happier-person.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another research into obvious
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Of the volunteers, 45 per cent skied, 40 per cent were snowboarders and 15 per cent participated in both activities.

Representative?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skiiers seem to spend most of the time looking at piste maps (now they cant have a cleaner show them round), worrying they may have missed a lift or piste out somewhere & critiqueing technique. Its impossible for them to have more fun than snowboarders
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eddiethebus, Daily Mail will never recognise snowboarding as anything other than a "Killer Craze", and probably encourages immigration and gives you cancer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So basically . . . I should be happy 'cos I ski . . . depressed 'cos I'z a boarder 2 . . . Sucking on Sertraline 'cos I telemark . . . At this rate my best option is a black plastic bin bag and a bottle of single malt rolling eyes

FFS! For most of us just seeing a mountain covered in snow is enough to make a heart leap with joy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, I reckon telemarking totally counts as prayers, so you're halfway to heaven already. Holy God LOVES genuflection wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
People surveyed on holiday found to be happier. Well I never.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A couple of things -- this is a Korean study where if you had 5.5 grand you would be a millionaire, and has anyone 'socially covend' before, and is it legal in Korea Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Article is pointless, but the comments are GOLD!

Quote:
Skiing made me happier. Right up to the point where it broke my back and put me in a wheelchair.

Quote:
Tell that to the poor young girl who died after hitting a tree last year. Stupid article

Quote:
How anyone can be happy rolling in wet, cold, horrible snow I have no idea

Quote:
Well I'm not happy when I ski......because I can't ski! I HATE skiing!

Quote:
How am I supposed to be happy with my leg -or other important, often used appendage- in a cast every Winter? I'll stick to a bikini by the pool.

DM Gold, oh and the sidebar of shame is pimping up-skirt shots of Susanna Reid, stay classy DM!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Getting fresh air, mild exercise and sunshine and a sufficiently engaging activity to distract from work and life issues is good for you? Blimey perhaps we should be asking for it on the NHS?

Socio Kinetic Involvement Holistic Optimal Lifestyle therapy. Wonder if I can get Jeremy *unt to believe in it?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
oh and the sidebar of shame is pimping up-skirt shots of Susanna Reid

Could you provide a link please Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Getting fresh air, mild exercise and sunshine and a sufficiently engaging activity to distract from work and life issues is good for you?

No S Sherlock! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
my best option is a black plastic bin bag and a bottle of single malt :roll

Don't let anyone here stop you.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Must be true because the corollary is that not skiing is making me miserable Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Zero_G wrote:
Don't let anyone here stop you.

OK what did I do this time to pizz you off? Sad
snow report
Is wee wee a bad word too?! This is research...
latest report
Hahahhaa, oh, hours of amusement!! Happy
snow report
Humpfknick, yes pіѕѕ is another one verboten by ze philther.
snow report
So if I become a snowhead I can curse- is that the secret Masque?! Mere users have to make do with words like wee wee and back bottom?! Lol. Oooh I wonder what word would generate FRONT bottom?!! Hmmmmmmm wink
snow report
Oops sorry, back on topic. What's the topic? Oh yeah, stress reduction. This is TOTALLY on topic. I am so not stressed right now, wee wee mad me lol wink
snow report
Humpfknick, The secrets of the profanity filter bypass are known to a select few young padawan and not just those who cross admin's palm with silver wink
ski holidays
Humpfknick, The secret is . . . you have to be a sour ol'scrote who remembers wot 'puters were like B4 GUIs wink (no, that's not antibiotic related)
ski holidays
halfhand, Masque, Lol! Awww I guess I'll just have to scrape by on my back bottom so.... *sighs* rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy