Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Venitex gloves - user opinions please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking about buying a pair of these. Any thoughts ? Obviously they don't look like 'conventional' ski gloves (in fact more like outdoor working gloves tbh) but style aspects aside, how good / durable are they ?

These days I see more and more guides / lifties wearing them which suggests they are good gear.

They are also a fraction of the price of your traditional ski gloves which is another bonus, of course

In case you have no idea what I am talking about...

http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/?Locale=en_GB&ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/ssvenitexFBF1510&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got a pair last year. Very nice. Kept my hands nice and warm and dry. Bargain at 15 quid. I purchased with the thought that if they weren't up for the job then i would replace and use them as a spare pair. Havent replaced for this year's holiday and would probably just buy another pair in time rather than fork out proper money on a glove that i am bound to lose (again!).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They are great but if your in the deep stuff, or if you fall alot then alot of snow gets inside them!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I fell while skiing on a dry slope recently and had to get my hand stitched back together, so bought a pair of these to replace my more flimsy gloves in the hope that they would be more robust, and I've been pretty pleased with them. I agree with Tomo54 that they probably wouldn't be great if you're going to be putting your hands in the snow a lot, but what gloves at that price would be? I would recommend getting something to treat the leather with to make them a bit more waterproof (Snow Shepherd also sells that).

Stylish they are not though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At the price Tim knocks them out it's a no brainer if you'll think they're what you will like. Personally as a sweaty palmist I'm not massively into the fleecy lining If you want something a bit more "finished" the Kinco gloves he does are probably half the price or less of equivalent ski brand gloves.

For balance - also understand spyderjon knocks em out too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am after some lightweight leather gloves for spring skiing and have also looked at the Kinco options on Snow Shepherd. Was thinking about the 101 and 102 options both lined and unlined. Textile gloves keep my hands warm enough but my edges shred the palms.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got some last year and no complaints,takes a week or 2 to break them in.
I also got some wax to give them a bit of waterproofing.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have almost the same glove from the local hardware store - skied all but 3 days in them last year - according to friends they are good for 3-4 seasons (4-500 days) with regular waxing. Probably going to get me some new ones as last years have already had to double for driving/work/snowchain so are a but messy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy