Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard maintenance kit - thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

My other half has recently got his first snowboard and we'll be taking it (and my shiny new skis) for their first outing the week before Christmas.

So I thought a nice Christmas present might be something geared towards snowboard maintenance (and maybe he'll look after my ski's in the process Laughing )

Could you lovely people offer some advice on what I should put in the kit? And is there a good book / DVD geared towards educating a newcomer to snowboard maintenance?

Many thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A chap on this forum can sort you 100% spyderjon at the piste office he does it all and I believe to a high standard if needed .
I ended up getting some kit at the local ski show so I could view it first then choose with advice from the jib tuning stand but both would probably cut you slack on a package.
I think jon would know whats needed backwards by telephone

The main thing is they can suggest whats needed on your budget from a practical point of view .
I got a good standup iron in the end as bigger boards in colder rooms at 1500m with cold waxes was not happening with a house iron.It was hopeless.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SLB79,

get 'Julia' to pop round & demonstrate............I bet he'll thank you for it:

http://youtube.com/v/YFp4X5Ivixs
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think I need wiping down with a cloth Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Id second having a chat with Jib tuning and checking their stock on Ebay, got some good products for decent prices from them (not just because its my cousin) Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
New to Snowheads and was just browsing and saw this post, i have had one of these for years and it has been great. Also, makes a nice Xmas present as it comes all in one package
http://eu.dakine.com/p/snowboard/tuning/fall-13-winter-14/super-tune?clr=AX2
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote here for jibtuning. Came across their stand a couple of years ago at the ski show where they were selling and doing demos. The guys were very helpful and explained how to service skis/boards very well. They also have videos on their website (or used to) that I found helpful first time waxing my own boards.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy