Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am see ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help! We will be in zell am see from 28th December and there will be myself (mid intermediate level) and my wife and 2 daughters aged 8 & 5 who are on their first ski holiday but all have had lessons at the snow dome in tamworth . Can anyone recommend which ski school to choose and if to book in advance online or wait until we are in resort. Does it matter if we choose the Schuttdorf lift or city xpress lift as a meeting point ? I would like the children to be with other English children .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the city express lift is a better option , we usually book our skis and ski school through the bruendhl intersport , we find them very satisfactory and most instructors speak english ., we usually book in advance.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Alicia for the reply, does anyone know what the car parking is like near city express? We have an apartment hired near the schuttdorf lift and I don't fancy trying to get tired children on a ski bus every morning and evening.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Holte43 - welcome to Snowheads.

If you are already out at Schuttdorf, it makes no sense to drive in to the centre of Zell to the City Express. Although there is some parking in the town centre, it is expensive and not particularly close to the lift and traffic into Zell can be a nightmare. You would be better off finding a school at Schuttdorf - if necessary you can drive the family from the apartment to the lift then park the car in the car park opposite. For New Year you should definitely book in advance, so either use the online booking or call the ski schools ASAP.

In my experience, 99% of instructors in Austria speak English. Whether your children will be with other English children depends on how many there are in the resort. Zell is particularly popular with Scandinavians and Dutch, but 8 year old Danish and Dutch kids can often chat and play in English! The instructors will run the class in a mixture of Scandi/Dutch/English and possibly German (Austrian kids won't be in ski school - they learn with Opa).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there is a lovely Austrian instructor Karin ..couldn't recommend her enough .., fabulous instructor and speaks english.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy