Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen Ski and Bar buddies needed 4th Jan!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm heading to Mayrhofen 4th Jan. Going with a couple of boarding friends but looking for buddies to expand the group a bit, both for the skiing and the apres! I'm a male, 35yr old, intermediate skier from Nottingham, like a few beers so long as I can still get up for the skiing!

Cheers,

Ed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lanewalk, are you skiing or snowboarding? I am keen to take a few lessons as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Ed

I've got a couple of mates coming over that week. They will be boarding, however I will be skiing. They are up for a good laugh and so if you want to join up, send me a message nearer the time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello
Yep, i may be interested: I'm a skier, but up for joining a group:
I live in Leeds: 48 int level: advanced après !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm also booked for the same week. Planning on taking lessons at this ski school:
https://smt-mayrhofen.skischoolshop.com/en/groupcourse/#from=2013-12-15&to=2014-01-09&coupon=false&category=5

I'm 30, female, intermediate skier. Will be flying into Munich from Heathrow on the 4th and take the train to Mayrhofen.

Can't wait to have myself some Germknödeln and Glühwine. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cucumber, You should also have a look at https://www.tirol-taxi.at/ 85 euro for return transfer from Munich and so only a few euros more than the train
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
googiew, thanks for the tip. See you around in Mayrhofen, then! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
googiew, do you now do they have set departure times from Zillertal to Munich airport, can't see that info on their booking page.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think they just work out their departures on who they have coming in. My mate came back the other week and landed at munich at 11pm and they picked him up no problem. It's good for flights arriving later in the afternoon as it can be a bit tight getting the last zillerbahn train.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
googiew, thanks sounds like an option as train seems to be €37 back to Munich with several changes, no fun with ski bags! Flight at 20:05 so a taxi might mean a more relaxed last day skiing.

Would be happy to meet up with any snowheads when over there as arriving Dec 29th until Jan 6th.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I must admit I normally use the train, however a few of my friends have used this and rate it highly. One other thing to note is that they would not take a booking at the office less than 3 days from travel date.

I'll be back in town on 28th and happy to meet up with anyone who wants to
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm heading to Mayrhofen on 4 Jan too. Not many of my friends ski/snowboard and the few that do can't do my dates, so decided to go solo. Female intermediate boarder - have only gone boarding a few times so plan to take lessons. Would be great to meet others for après.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
googiew, Thanks, definitely hook up when I get over, always good to meet snowheads! Will be in touch.

Cupidangel, I'll be there 'til the 6th Jan and happy to meet also.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Ross, sounds great. See you in Mayrhofen.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not long now!! Can't wait!! Suggest we meet somewhere for a drink on the Saturday evening. Will have a look at options. Think my hotel is pretty central near the Penkenbahn.
ski holidays
Sounds good! See y'all then! I'll be doing lessons for the week but would love to meet for apres. Very Happy
ski holidays
Skullie Sad

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 31-12-13 21:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Little Angel

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 31-12-13 21:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Hgfg

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 31-12-13 21:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Little Angel

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 31-12-13 21:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Looks like there could be significant snowfall during next weekend for you guys/girls. Have fun !

http://www.bergfex.at/mayrhofen/wetter/berg/

(Note. The above weather forecast is subject to change)
ski holidays
DB, thanks for the info!

Happy to meet others while I'm there although steve38,, I wouldn't like to doubt my intelligence wink.

Just a few more days - can't wait!
snow conditions
Little Angel

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 31-12-13 21:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Also I don't get your last reply about intelligence. Must be A thick Geordie thing.explain please
snow report
Puzzled

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 31-12-13 21:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Has anyone got any spare places for this or is it a book your own job. I am a boarder 53 going on 12 ( mental age ) Very Happy
snow conditions
Tgf

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 31-12-13 21:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Little Angel

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 31-12-13 21:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm up for intermediate skiing if anyone needs a partner on the slopes.
Jac
I'm there 4-11 Smile
ski holidays
Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm meeting lanewalk, around 9pm at HariKiri bar on dorfstrasse about 9pm Saturday so that could be a good initial snowheads meet up. Look out for my red Patagonia jacket and my navy blue jumper with white snow scene on it!
snow conditions
Ok maybe a Sunday rendez vous?
We don't arrive till late sat night
ski holidays
Why is there so much GREEN???? WTF? Mad
snow report
Meeting après today top of penkenbahn in après bar further from lifts, the tent one on left as you look up mountain, I'm in green and grey rip curl jacket and blue pants. Snowing, going to be a fun day!
snow report
I will be skiing alone at the top of the penken lift tomorrow if anyone fancies joining me. Gonna do the blues and reds from there.
latest report
Checking out Eggalm pistes tomorrow
Any takers?
latest report
Was just there today for my lesson. Lovely wide open reds with very little crowd. Lower pistes though are a mix of slush and dirt (or horse poo). Yuk.
snow conditions
Thanks - good to know.
Will give it a crack - expecting poor weather though....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy