Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WARNING - don't do this

Poster: A snowHead
In what I can only guess was an automated function of my brain I looked at the snow forecast for Les Coches just now.

And now I will be fckng depressed for the rest of the day.

wink Toofy Grin Very Happy Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just seen a FB live video of flangesax in Zauchansee. Beautiful powder, even on pistes, and hardly anyone skiing it.

In the scheme of things, not skiing this season doesn't even register as a 1st world problem, but damn am I finding it frustrating.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it's any consolation, I took a look at the webcams where we were due to be staying now and Sat/Sun would have been a write-off because of crowds and bad weather. Today is fine bit it's cold at around -12°C at the middle station. Normally this would mean regular stops for hot chocolate or mulled wine but that's not possible at the moment, so I'm not sure how long we'd actually last ....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been firing up the Grandvalira webcams most days which hasn't been improving my mood, yet tomorrow I know I will open it up again...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pieman666, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Just seen a FB live video of flangesax in Zauchansee. Beautiful powder, even on pistes, and hardly anyone skiing it.

In the scheme of things, not skiing this season doesn't even register as a 1st world problem, but damn am I finding it frustrating.

Zauchensee, One of my favourite 'hidden gems'
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also don't message your ski instructor as they may tell you that they are working a few hours a day but their husband isn't so is skiing every day....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think I posted in one thread somewhere that this would be an epic year for snow and we'd all be stuck not being able to Ski.

Am going off to find a tall tree and throw a short rope over it....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have taken to watching youtube videos of some of my favourite runs and routes. Quite enjoyable but some of the people who make these videos are incredibly selfish. (eg pushing past the queue at exit of Tunnel at Alpe d'Huez, while boasting about being such a good skier that you don't need to hesitate)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Quite enjoyable but some of the people who make these videos are incredibly selfish. (eg pushing past the queue at exit of Tunnel at Alpe

Can you link to the vids for us?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You don't even have to look as far as the Alps, there are lorry loads of photographs coming from Scotland. Folk skiing powder, skiing lines with nobody else on "their" mountain.
All this and the rare phenomenon of BLUE sky across the hills!!
The privileged few.....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a few pitches of above the knee powder yesterday, crap viz but quite lovely. If that helps?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh well, I couldn't help it! So much snow. Mind you a whole group of people on what look like snowscoots heading off. Wonder if it is a school PE lesson?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ansta1 wrote:
I think I posted in one thread somewhere that this would be an epic year for snow and we'd all be stuck not being able to Ski.

Am going off to find a tall tree and throw a short rope over it....

And 2 interesting points for the meteorologists and snow scientists.
In the last few years we've had lots of snow then lots of wind, which blew it all away. This year lots of snow and no wind. Trees remain well covered.
And high mountain slopes, despite lots of snow, haven't been sloughing and sliding off week layers. In fact a weak layer cause by surface hoar in early January completely disappeared.

And, yes, epic powder at the moment.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TheGeneralist wrote:
Quote:

Quite enjoyable but some of the people who make these videos are incredibly selfish. (eg pushing past the queue at exit of Tunnel at Alpe

Can you link to the vids for us?

This is one I liked a lot.
http://youtube.com/v/QkinG08IoKk&feature=emb_rel_end
ski holidays
I am disappointed that not only are some people not heeding my warning but they are also looking at webcams and videos.

You just can't help some people.

And for those rubber necking on us paupers from a place of privilege (the mountains) you can do one.
snow conditions
80cm+ forecast for Paradiski over the next 5 days. FML Sad
snow report
Hi group,

my name is Pie Man and I'm a serial ski resort webcam viewer. I'm trying to cut it down to once a day but it seems to be getting worse...
snow report
@Layne, just in case you missed this in the ski-touring thread yesterday Laughing

@KenX, said after getting back down "best day of the season" ?

http://youtube.com/v/YCYKV_y-7Hg

That said looks like heavy rain in the valley tomorrow, I can feel your empathy Laughing
snow report
@Weathercam, sorry for the delay in responding, I just had to go for a quick fumble.

Anyway back now, and can I just say, feck off wink Toofy Grin Skullie Laughing
latest report
@Layne, Laughing Laughing

If it's of any consolation I'm here on my own (with the dogs) whilst the OH is still in the UK, but there again Toofy Grin
snow report
No @Weathercam, that is of no consolation. Smile Great to see someone enjoying the snow, although I may have to look for a 'snow filter' for my firewall...
latest report
Over here in Austria it went from knee deep snow to rain in a day Crying or Very sad
latest report
@Scarpa, same, my local resort just experienced 2 metres of snowfall overnight and now its done nothing but rain heavily for the last week, and it's now beginning to get very sunny and hot to melt whatever is left! Sad
snow conditions
Same in Serre Che, rain up to circa 2,000 then looks like wind did for the rest of the fresh and forecast not good.

So @Layne, whatever you've been putting pins into has worked Laughing

Went out early XC this morning thinking that they'd have pisted it for the weekend but I was too early and it was grim with frozen meltwater tracks, luckily the basher came out after 15 mins or so.

Very busy everywhere it seemed by the time I finished.
ski holidays
Sella Ronda 30 minutes ago

snow conditions
@Weathercam, always knew that witches and wizards book would come in handy wink Laughing

@albob, mate, if you going to torture yourself, can you keep it to yourself Skullie Laughing
snow report
@Layne, I thought they might be a couple of SnowHeads making their way to Arabba for the Bash.. ! Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Web Cams for VDI and Chamonix have been inducing a tear to the eye......
But as I am currently unable to legally leave Wales, much less the UK, and nobody else would let me in anyway......

Back to you tube for some vicarious snow fun, second season in a row (and I am 60:40 that next season could go the same way)
snow conditions
These webcams are like walking by a Dublin pub in lockdown , forbidden fruit

https://www.google.com/search?q=pub+boarded+up+dublin&rlz=1C1RXQR_enIE930IE930&sxsrf=ALeKk01waUJ6bgm5PdffsgBX98zk_Qt0vg:1612026368806&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjI2tKYksTuAhWxTxUIHZCUC7EQ_AUoAnoECAQQBA&biw=1280&bih=578
latest report
@dublin2, at least you can drink at home!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy