Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where do the plebs drink in Lech?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not that I am a pleb of course wink

Just looking for where the seasonaires drink- - it's usually cheap.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Champagne Bar in Strolz!! (I wish) Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Archiv was where the people I worked with went mostly. TBH don't remember it being cheaper than other places really, but then I was only there for the second half of the season following a broken ankle so rarely went out as I wanted to make up for lost slope time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This:

and entertain yourselves on the balcony while tanking up or fill up the pockets of big baggy cargo pants. Then you buy just the one large beer and refill. Seriously, it's what we used to do when life really was tough in the mountains.

Or, just pay normal price. Even in Lech I can't imagine a large beer will be that much different to elsewhere in Austria.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Like Bode Swiller says beer in most places in Lech isn't wildly more expensive than most of Austria. Try Schneggarei for more of a pubby feel.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I can't imagine a large beer will be that much different to elsewhere in Austria

Why can't you imagine that? We've already learnt that ski hire is substantially more expensive than it is in many places in Austria.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, because I must have drunk beer EVERYWHERE in Austria at some stage. The ski hire thing is peculiar to that area.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sean1967, Plenty of places in the main drag. Just stay out of the posh hotels but even there a beer will cost about the same as the prices are set by the breweries and monitored by the tourist boards.

I spent loads of time in the excellent pizzeria near the bus drop off opposite the Pfefferkorn (posh hotel on the main drag).

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 30-11-13 21:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
as Mr Swiller points out, pre-loading via the Spar is good for those on a budget.

nozawaonsen's rec is good, but it's not a great resort for pubby places.

big beer about 4 euros if you avoid the obvious money pit places
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I can't imagine a large beer will be that much different to elsewhere in Austria

Why can't you imagine that? We've already learnt that ski hire is substantially more expensive than it is in many places in Austria.

Because as someone who has been there many times it isn't. If you've been there you would know this, if you haven't (and no offence, but I believe you haven't?) it's hard to see why you would want to comment?

Of course there are pricey places in Lech, but there are plenty which are pretty much the same as the rest if Austria, which by European standards is not that pricey. That said it is almost always possible to find cheaper places off the mountain than on.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In their room/campervan/tent - with supermarket beer/wine/schnapps, not just exclusive to Lech.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
St. Anton
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy