Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach/Hinterglemm Official Unofficial 2013/2014 Thread - It's Snowtime

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oh well !!! Booked for last week in the season!! Will lots of places be shut in the town?? Went to Val d'isere last year and the town was almost shut?? What's Saalbach going to be like!! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably almost shut - but the compensation might be very nice skiing on relatively empty pistes (depending on the weather) and a very laid-back, relaxed atmosphere in the village. During the last week, they usually close the south-facing side of the valley, leaving the Schattberg and Zwoelferkogel sectors open - don't know if that will apply this year. Many of the bars and apres-ski venues will be closed, but there should still be a few places open, e.g. Bobby's Pub. It has been known for there to be cold temperatures and fresh snow in early April, so fingers crossed!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thx your a wealth of knowledge!! Well at least there will be some skiing somewhere in Saalbach I guess! I have read your guide over and over again Legoland will that still be open? I've noticed the temperatures at present are quite warm!!! How's you time this season been??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Peter999, Don't know if they'll keep the link to Legoland open during the last week. It's very warm at present but there's till good skiing on south-facing slopes in the mornings and on Schattberg and Zwoelferkgel all day. Light snow down to below village height is forecast for Saturday. After a shaky start, it's turned out to be a good season, with regular top-ups of snow on average once a week and temperatures remaining relatively cold even when the sun is shining, so generally good piste conditions. Also lots of good powder off-piste. The locals are also predicting a good Easter.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh I hope so, Tatman Tours as I'm there next week. Hope it will be a little lively though as like jolly apres ski.
By the way, do you do ski guiding or know anyone that does?
Thank you
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Lobster4667, It would be my pleasure to show you around - e-mail me your contact details. You'll find mine on my website (below).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Things are little more chilled out at the moment, good skiing in the morning but slush at pretty much all levels after lunch. It's perfect weather for a few cold ones sat on the Berger Alm terrace. There is still some après , but it's so much quieter than it has been, I could actually move around in the Hinterhag last night and people were sat at tables rather than dancing on them.

Spitz is still busy when Spacey is on and Bauers is ok most days. But there is one disaster, the Kebab shop was shut last night Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

people were sat at tables

..some of them were us Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tatman's Tours thank you for the offer of ski guiding - shame you're not in Saalbach when we arrive! OH well. Next year! Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

it's so much quieter than it has been, I could actually move around in the Hinterhag last night and people were sat at tables rather than dancing on them.

The Hinterhag Alm was much fuller this evening - pretty much like normal. Don't know why it was so quiet last night.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy