Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria at end of March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Longtime reader first time poster!

Looking for a bit if advice here. Been skiing to Austria several time and am heading again in 2014. However I usually head in Jan/February, this time it's late March and for a long weekend(20-24). Flying into Munich.

Done Soll several times, Lermoos, Westendorf and Obertauren off top of head. Also loved Saalbach but bit worried about snow at that time of year. Obertauren was high but not sure if I want to go back there!

So any ideas within 2 ish hours drive of Munich from the Snowheads collective?

Thanks to all
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've done 2 seasons in Sankt Johann (Alpendorf- Wagrain) and can (obviously!) massively recommend it! Alpendorf has lots of Brits, Wagrain is full of Danes. But brilliant ski areas. You can stay in Sankt Johann which is a bigger town and get the 5 min ski bus every day. And your ski pass - Amade region - covers a huge ski area, Flachau, Grossarl, Badgastein, Zauchansee, Schladming.
Last season, our two best weeks were in March. Beaut pow and bluebird skies.

Happy hunting!
afrodizzy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rofno1, Western Austria - St Anton, Serfaus, Ischgl, Lech etc would be my choice then as it can get warm. Lovely time of year to go - but try to go high
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I´d highly recommend Obergurgl at that time of year. High enough to garantee you good snow, and quiet pistes. If you want more nightlife then Soelden is just a 10 minute taxi ride down the valley. You could even ski there for a day and enjoy the big open glacier runs. The downside is that it is about 3 - 3.5 hour drive from Munich. Worth it though! wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would wait a while before booking Saalbach for that time of year; it has so much south-facing terrain it can suffer in the sun. Late March isn't late enough to have to go high, particularly, but somewhere with a reasonable amount of north-facing terrain is a good idea. Ischgl has lots, and plenty of altitude too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rofno1, If you have access to a car, there should be plenty around the Amade region. Last season I was skiing knee deep fresh powder in early April in Dachstein.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all, Amade region looks great! Any particular village/hotel? Wouldn't mind a bit of life in the evening, nice meal, few drinks but nothing crazy.

Can anyone recommend a ski and snowboard school? I want to pootle around same slopes as wife while she gets lessons/practices so I thought I'd finally learn to board.

Can't believe I haven't see the Amade region before!

Thanks everyone for all your help,
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rofno1, Amade is a great place, I love it!

Bad Gastein should fit the bill. If you need somewhere to stay, i'll happily offer you a discount. If you PM me with your email address, i'll send you some info about night life, bars, ski school etc.

Cheers
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Obergurgl always has snow end of March.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm based at Flangesax's in Radstadt until mid April, but I pretty much ski most of the resorts. If you want to get the odd day in just drop me a line and I'll see if I'm about Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy