Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed. Geneva - Tignes transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Can anyone offer any advice on transfers between Geneva and Tignes? I'm travelling with my brother 15th Dec (morning) returning 18th Dec (evening)

Currently the only option seems to be private transfer (€600) or hire a car (~€300). Is anyone aware of group travel options that operate those days?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Holiday autos will do a Peugeot 107 for under €100 for those dates Prob another €10 for damage waivers Etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Altibus.com have a range of options from the airport
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have used Altibus. Good quite a long trip though. I now prefer the train to BSM, quick and cheap transfer plus two extra days skiing!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks guys, ideally wanting an evening transfer back to geneva (21:30 flight) so we can get a full days skiing. Alitibus latest was 13:30... Crying or Very sad

Anyone have ideas on the toll prices and parking costs in val claret? Does €50 tolls and €75 parking sound about right?? with €75 petrol
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tolls from GVA to Annecy are 7 euros each direction
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Drop the snowHeads at www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk an e-mail they may be able to sort out a shared private transfer.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can calculate the tolls on www.viamichelin.co.uk/‎
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
why go toll roads have driven to the alps many times don't use toll roads unless needed .. good road links and fab scenery the N roads are good ...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MrAC, you only have short time - you will maximise your ski time if you use a hired car. Best from the Swiss side of Geneva, to have snow tyres and the Swiss motorway vignette. I'd use the autoroute (toll) to Annecy then through Ugine to Albertville. The long autoroute detour through Chambery will add tolls AND more fuel and not save you much time as those days shouldn't be crazy busy. Toll then only €7 as noted above. But much more if you go through Chambery. Shouldn't cost as much as €75 for fuel in a little car - no idea about parking costs. Leave it outside and take a shovel. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try snowbus or bens bus, I'm looking at ~£80 return per person, but actually, looking at your OP, given the time you have, a hire car on the fastest roads would be the best option, no point in making all that effort to get there if a large %age of your time on the snow is wasted with transfers.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MrAC,
We recently drove from Geneva to Tignes to Val Thorens to Geneva in a Golf-sized hire car and it cost us €38 for diesel.

On your trip you would be driving 75km less than we did.

Someone will be able to comment on the parking soon (come in mountainaddict! Are you receiving?). I think it's possible to park free of charge next to the lift at one of the lower villages, so that would save you a few quid.

But even if you pay for parking I'd be surprised if it cost anything like €75 for 4 days. When we were there parking was free for a day with a lift pass, so you could pay for 3 days, leave the car park on your last morning, drive straight back in and then have your last day's parking for nowt!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MrAC wrote:
Hi Can anyone offer any advice on transfers between Geneva and Tignes? I'm travelling with my brother 15th Dec (morning) returning 18th Dec (evening)

Currently the only option seems to be private transfer (€600) or hire a car (~€300). Is anyone aware of group travel options that operate those days?

Thanks

Hi,
We've stayed with mountainsun lots of times, they have a chalet in tignes and do transfers every day, I'm not sure if they offer transfers only but may be worth a call? Hope you get something sorted.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MrAC, Three nights parking is €45, the prices are here.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Parking in Val Claret [golf course] was 70 EUROS FOR a week so would expect you could get it cheaper, would say driving will always be the best option, you choose when you leave etc
ski holidays
just how busy is this coming Sunday likely to be? Am assuming Wednesday will be fine and Sunday for a 2pm flight shouldn't be much bother either.

Am looking to hire a car to do to Val d'Isere and back from GVA - some good advice above regarding routes and the Swiss airport side for the hire car/tires.
snow report
fordy11,
If you spend your last night near Geneva you could ski at Le Crozet for at least a couple of hours on Sunday. Cheap lift tickets (ie cheaper than a couple of hours at Xscape) and only 20 minutes from the airport. Some good skiing and great views of the lake (& airport!)

It's well worth a look.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy