Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget Accomodation Needed!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
I am a 31 year old American male looking to spend the winter skiing in the Alps. I really need to find a reasonable place to stay though. I will be traveling by myself from approximately January 15th - April - 13th.

I am looking to be in any of these areas (but am open to others) Montafon, Davos, Les Arcs/Tignes, Alagna, really anywhere that has great skiing though. If anybody has anything available or a lead for me it will be greatly, greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you,

-Doug
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haven't done it personally but have you checked out couchsurfing?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not yet, I would prefer to have my own space. Preferably a studio or small apartment. Looking to spend no more than $800 a month.....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlpenFlow, Welcome aboard buddy…. Have you tried https://www.airbnb.co.uk ???

I might have place up for grabs for the time you're looking at (In Les Contamines) but I am not sure $800pcm is gonna be enough tbh… Sad That would equate to £2000 for 4 months accommodation… which IMO you'll be hard pushed to find anywhere other than a studio, which if is ok, then great...

Good luck buddy...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AlpenFlow, I suspect you will find nothing self-contained that cheap near the slopes - will you have transport? My son once rented a small apartment in Val D'Isere for a season and it cost him €5K (I remember well, as he had to borrow the money from me!). It was tiny but he shared it with a ski instructor, and they also took in kind of paying guests from time to time to help defray expenses - they sometimes slept on the floor!

Even in much smaller places, like the place I have an apartment (nothing like the top places you have listed) you would have little hope at that price. If you were prepared to move out for the peak rental periods (vary, but in France mid-Feb - mid March) that might make a difference as just about every place will be rented out for top dollar then.

A hostel might be a possibility - I know there are some highly-rated ones in Chamonix.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, I have a spot I may grab on airbnb. Any thoughts on Les Arcs for a winter? I like to ski big mountain lines and go off piste....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy