Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis - ESI or ESF for February half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning,

Does anyone have experience of ESI and/or ESF in Val Cenis - we are looking for English speaking group lessons for our 3 boys aged 13, 10 and 7 (all have two/three weeks' prior experience). Alternatively, does anyone have experience of private lessons for a mixed age group like this.

Many thanks for your help
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brandlingsally, Wold have thought you are only likely to get privates in lunch breaks at half term.
I have used ESF here quite a while back and they were OK but nothing special.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brandlingsally

Which area of Val Cenis are you staying in? ESF have meeting points in all the villages whereas I believe ESI are based at Val Cenis le Haut.

We went to Val Cenis last season and used the ESF meeting point called Les Champs which was just next to our accommodation (Chalets de Flambeau). The ESF instructors were very good and you would probably find your children would be in an English speaking group in school holidays. Our youngest was in two star and ended up in a great group with a lovely instructor. Our son was in Bronze and didn't fare so well at the beginning as there were not enough children at Les Champs for a bronze group and it took them a few days to sort his group out. I think if your kids are three star or below you would be fine as there would be enough children for the group. If you have anyone in a higher group I'd recommend double checking with the ESF in resort when you arrive that the group will be running at your local meeting point. In the end they made arrangements for our son to travel in the ESF minibus to and from a different meeting point.

To summarise our experience of ESF Val Cenis was that the instruction was very good but the organisation of the groups could have been better.

Val Cenis itself is a lovely resort. I'm sure you will have a great time. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both for your replies - incredibly helpful and prompt.

We are staying at Les Alpages de Val Cenis (just near Chalets de Flambeau) and our boys will be three star or below so it sounds as if ESF is the way to go.

Thanks again
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

Hope you're boys got on ok in their lessons with ESF. We are also at Les Alpages at the moment and have had a mixed bag with regard to the classes and lessons. Last year we had private afternoon lessons and the instructor was superb. This year we went into group lessons and found the level of instruction varied hugely! My wife is the better skier of the three of us but her morning level two tutor was terrible and she actually dropped back to level one for a lesson before going back into. A level two class later in the day with the same guy we had the private with previously. The lesson structures were chalk and cheese and she was very pleased in the end.
My daughter and I did ok in our level one class, although the actual tuition was very hit and miss and the teachers English very poor.

Love the resort though and will be back for more next year Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry to hear that you had mixed experiences with ESF. Our boys seemed to fare better - two in 2 star and one in 1 star. They all liked their instructors and found their English pretty good. They also all came on leaps and bounds over the week - but they have been more to do with the amount of skiing that they did over the course of the week rather than the two hour morning lessons that they had.

As for the resort, we agree it is fab - relaxed, inexpensive and friendly. Les Alpages served us well too. Just sorry to be back home now!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy