Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoiding Val Claret in Varsity week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, how crazy does it get in Varsity week in Val Claret, Tignes?

It's not really something I'd thought about but some friends are looking at that week and Tignes own tourist office had said they are better staying at 1800 away from the students !

Is it really 24/7 carnage ?!

Any other first lift, last lift, non night clubbing skiers been there in that week before?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jph123, I've been to Tignes in that week, although I stayed down in 1800.

I noticed nothing unusual on the slopes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Varsity has been in Val Thorens for the last three years. Three thousand Oxbridge students in one place - the TO may be right, but also playing it safe.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The tourist office is possibly trying to promote the new developments down in 1800. There has been alot of contention over the
first phase of this development and local people, even the famous church has been hidden away behind a new hotel.
Ask them if there will be a more regular bus service than previous years, how often and at what times, what parking arrangements there are and any free facilities. The first bus up can be pretty crowded with resort workers and the second packed
with people trying to get to lessons on time.
There is a second phase of development planned too but the first phase has yet to sell out.
Anyone staying there before Christmas, without a car, should ask about buses as the lifts may not open in that sector until that week.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, just emailed the Tourist Office again, as 1800 I agree is a tough choice early season for visitors who are reliant on buses.

From reading their earlier email they are really making it clear that Val Claret won't be suitable for non varsity students, seems quite harsh to write off a whole sector of accommodation, but as mentioned in an earlier post, that it really is 3,000 students in one village in party mode!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When is Varsity week?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
7th to the 14th December.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If past experience is anything to go by, le Lac and Lavachet will miss most of the late night stuff. And don't worry about many of them making first lifts (or any lifts, for some of them!). The only last lift problem is likely to be getting back from the Folie Douce.
I'll be in Lavachet that week, by the way. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are two big events in the new Tignespace sports hall in Le Lac, but otherwise seems to be up the hill.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy