Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aspen to 'skin' you for a few $ for walking up hill?

Poster: A snowHead
How much will Aspen 'skin' you for walking uphill?

http://www.aspentimes.com/news/9082413-113/uphill-ski-areas-aspen

A proposed change in the rules would allow Skico to charge people for skiing up the mountain.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saw a thread on TGR regarding this at the weekend - plenty of for and against arguments regarding it, and not just Aspen, potentially every resort.

Some seem good and not so good. The old diehard skiers at Alta will be pleased tho Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds fair enough to me, especially in a fenced off area resort like Aspen.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PJSki wrote:
Sounds fair enough to me, especially in a fenced off area resort like Aspen.

they will expect people to pay for guides next.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blahblahblah,

As long as they don't expect guides to pay for anything wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
....and not just Aspen - potentially **every resort
**In North America.

Whatever next? Compulsory 'gratooities' for the lift attendants that you skin past Confused....

As long as they don't introduce something similar at Cairngorm Shocked.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
....and not just Aspen - potentially **every resort
**In North America.

In the USA surely? I don't see any mention of Canada in these reports
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't see the problem with this, if they're skinning a prepared and controlled piste then its fair game. If its the backcountry then no, but don't expect to be rescued in a hurry.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
homers double wrote:
I don't see the problem with this, if they're skinning a prepared and controlled piste then its fair game. If its the backcountry then no, but don't expect to be rescued in a hurry.

Is it not the case, tho, that in the US you can still be inbounds, in a controlled area, but not on a prepared piste.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds fair enough to me.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As far as I can see it is public land, I would be pretty pissed off if the forestry commission started charging for the right to skin up a path in this country.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
T Bar wrote:
As far as I can see it is public land, I would be pretty pissed off if the forestry commission started charging for the right to skin up a path in this country.

I thought it was federal land? There's different rights in the US I believe, we can't consider it under the premise of 'public land' in the UK sense.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
feef wrote:
T Bar wrote:

I thought it was federal land? There's different rights in the US I believe, we can't consider it under the premise of 'public land' in the UK sense.

You may be right I was reading the article and confess to knowing little about US land ownership.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seems fair if people expect to use resort rescue.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
feef,
Quote:

Is it not the case, tho, that in the US you can still be inbounds, in a controlled area, but not on a prepared piste.

The distinction is the word Backcountry in the N.America this applies to out of bounds areas, Lake Louise has a super run just to the right of the boundry if you need rescuing in there, it is not up to the lift company but to Canada Parks to come get you.
snow report
As far as I heard, it's normal thing in Austria too if you go on groomed tracks. Someone needs to prepare those tracks anyway, so yes, it's fair game.
latest report
Excuse me, did anyone, (including the OP) actually read the article that's the cause of the discussion?

The article may appear in an Aspen paper. Aspen is one resort that is NOT planning to charge for uphill travel (a.k.a. "skinning")!

Are people's bias against a ritzy resort such as Aspen they just ASSUME???

So if a London paper reports on say, Istanbul charging for using public toilet, people will assume London is going to charge for using public toilet too???

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 27-11-13 20:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
WHAT!!!! They are going to start charging for a pee in Istanbul, is Dennis o'leary the mayor.

Let's get CG on the case.
snow report
Filthyphil30k wrote:
WHAT!!!! They are going to start charging for a pee in Istanbul, is Dennis o'leary the mayor.

Let's get CG on the case.

An insider allegedly emailed to tell me that it's free to pee in Istanbul if you wear a helmet.
ski holidays
moffatross, Very Happy
latest report
I heard you had to be holding it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy