Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flow Bindings - Pros & Cons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
"best used by the invalid and the portly" - very possibly some truth in that. and the lazy Smile

i should have mentioned a couple of drawbacks to flows, that didn't occur to me when i wrote my earlier post. to get into them, you have to wiggle your foot in slightly. this has a tendency to push the board away, and takes a bit of practice when clipping in while moving, or on anything but a level surface.

the other bugbear is the awkward crab like, hands on the ground, bum in the air position required when mounting on a slope of any kind. this is made worse if you have much overhang on your toes. still, at least it's over very quick and better for old folk like me than not being able to breathe when scrunched up reaching around my belly to do up trad straps Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RedLemon,
Which ones do you have?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i have NXT AT flows. bought at end of season 11/12 i think and not used until last season

like this....

so they are pre the nice new dual entry models that appeared as soon as i bought those. TBH i have not yet been in a situation where i need the regular front entry option.

they are fitted to a old 2000ish burton cascade 168 board, and used on piste and off. don't do tricks/jumps. i have found no disadvantages compared to the previous burton missions.

one other thing - i have had two starps break in my time with the missions, and both times, i've easily got a new one without even going down the mountain (both times in north america where service shops on the hill are more common). i suspect i may have had more trouble tracking down flow spares, but that's what duct tape is for Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RedLemon,

I think these were the pre 'NASTY' innovation where the strap is lifted a little when the back is dropped down; Have found this to make in/out super easy so no need to wiggle foot to get in.
Was well impressed with the quality of FLOW as well ( although may not be the case on their lower end range).
Must admit, cant understand the anti step in brigade at all..............
Cheers

Mitch
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeah, i had a play with the new model a few weeks back in snow & rock. looked a big improvement, but they were £260 odd. mine cost less than half that and they work ok.

i was tempted though. definitely will when i ever buy a new board.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I love my flows! once adjusted right, no need to mess about. step in, click and you are ready! I love the fact that from run to run all day, trip to trip all season, I have them perfectly adjusted just the way I like em. Step in, and that's it!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways, cheeky bugga , but describes me pretty well NehNeh

Perhaps I should start a thread on stair lifts and mobility scooters.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
got a deal on a pair of NX2 ATs just before heading off to st anton earlier this month. although they look like they'd be a lot easier getting in and out of than my "old" NXT ATs, i can't say i noticed much/any difference i n practice.

still, they are a very nice shade of black and the NXTs will be going on ebay.

ps. while i was there, and as i am considering a new board, i demo'd a burton custom X which came with straps. reinforced my view that i'm never going back to straps. that, and that i'm not man enough to muscle the X around Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RedLemon, what size are the old NXTs, and how much you want for them?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
they are size XL which i think is UK9.5 to 14. they've had less than 2 weeks use.

what about £60 + postage? they've had less than 2 weeks use.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RedLemon,
Thats a bargain!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sadly my dainty plates are a size 8, otherwise I'd have had them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flows can be tricky to get out of & back into in deep powder.
the back has to be able to rock back a way to get your foot out (can be a problem in pow) & to get them back on you need to put your weight onto the board - again can sometimes be a prob in the really deep stuff.
i prefer standard straps - even on piste - takes me about 5 seconds to buckle up & i very rarely sit down to do so.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've got flows but still really prefer my old Burton Missions
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy