Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone ever used a ski delivery service

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I booked a holiday in September but they could only provide ski carriage on the return flight, not on the outbound flight, Piste of Mind was recommended. So I booked ski carriage from my home address to resort, the consignment for shipping was confirmed by Piste of Mind on the 27/09/2013. City Link couriers were suppose to collect my skis on 25/11/2013 but didn't turn up to collect my skis. It has been a nightmare trying to arrange collection today, the best I can get out of City Link is that there is a 90% chance that they will be picked up today, which does not inspire confidence. Puzzled
To be fair to Piste of Mind they are doing everything they can to resolve my issue. Madeye-Smiley
Has anyone used a ski carrier before, and who would you recommend for the future.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i'd be more concerned about a ski holiday company that cant provide ski carriage! thats insane?!?!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've used Mark Warner loads of times in the past and ski carriage has never been a problem, but this time they could only get my skis back, not to resort, something to do with Monarch not having room for the skis on the outbound flight ?!?!?! You'd think an airline would be able to accommodate all passenger luggage regardless of direction of flight. Crazy never had it before
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.valetalpin.com/

They're new so time will tell, but they seem pretty switched on, my freind's parents used them and were very happy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yorci, possible at this time of year that an outbound flight might have lots of seasonnaires on it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My skis have been collected yipee, Piste of Mind have moved the priority up to a higher grade at a cost to City Link, so I'm a bit happier now. Very Happy Thanks dulcamara I'll check them out. Hells Bells I think you may be right, never thought about the seasonaires. However, I would still have thought each passenger would be limited to a given weight/size of luggage, I still would have thought that they could have squeezed in my little planks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah! I sent skis to my nephew just a week back. I took Delivery Services of Smart delivery service. He received them by the next day. I was excited and thank God! They did not let me down. Anyways, I liked their services.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guess what my skis did not arrive in time for my holiday, despite Piste of Mind saying they would upgrade them to air freight and would be in resort for me by Friday 29/11/2013, they did not arrive until Tuesday 02/12/2013 so had to hire some skis until mine arrived. If anyone is thinking of using Piste of Mind, I would say think again. If I have to use ski carriage in the future, I will not be using them. Thank guys for some alternative suggestions, I will keep them in mind.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DO NOT USE PISTE OF MIND
I'm currently in VT with no snowboards or gear...
We arrived on Friday 6/12/13 but snowboards didn't...after numerous phone calls to Piste of Mind, I was advised that they were in Annecy and would be in VT by Monday latest & we could hire equipment until ours arrives & Piste of Mind would reimburse....unfortunately none of the clothing or protective gear would be reimbursed unless we could hire, so we are currently €500 out of pocket...
It's now Monday evening & still no sign of snowboards, we go back home on Wednesday...& to make matters worse, Piste of Mind do not know where they are as City Link & DHL can't advise them....bunch of inept clowns...
Their website states that they ship all gear across themselves but this is not always the case...they 'occasionally' use 3rd party couriers...
I see an insurance claim going in for lost equipment but it won't cover the full cost, so out of pocket again..

Final note....DO NOT USE PISTE OF MIND...or do so at your own potential cost...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy