Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PSB Tignes 2013 Ski Test Booking Form

Poster: A snowHead
PSB Ski Test booking details, I will update if you add you preferences below:

MondayTuesday
09:30-11:3011:45-13:4514:00-16:0009:30-11:3011:45-13:4514:00-16:00

Whitedot Preacher 169
stiffdrink 295

Whitedot Preacher 169 Carbon TBC

Whitedot Preacher 179
stevios 315

Whitedot Preacher 179 Carbon
Andyman (315)Dnh Andyman (315) Julianc 317

Whitedot Preacher 189

Whitedot Preacher 189 Carbon TBC

Whitedot Ranger 168
stiffdrink 295

Whitedot Ranger 168 Carbon TBC
fixx (297)

Whitedot Ranger 177
Kelv1n (tba)

Whitedot Ranger 177 carbon
Kelv1n Rob (295)

Whitedot Ranger 186

Whitedot Ranger 186 Carbon

Whitedot Director 188

Whitedot Redeemer 190

Whitedot Redeemer 190 Carbon

Whitedot One 166
bobson 317 lucinda.s 300

Whitedot Director 178
stevios

Movement LeFer 170
codyaitch 315fixx (297)

Movement Trust 186
Dnh

Movement Buzz 185

Movement Chill Out 185

Movement Flyswatter 185

Movement Crew 187

Movement Mosquito 180
codyaitch 315

Movement Blink 167 Ladies
lucinda.s 300

Movement Zip 174

Movement Zip 183

Movement Chill Out 177

Movement Prisma Ladies 156

Movement Scent Ladies 155

Movement Shift Carbon tour 185

WHITEDOT
Preacher 169, 179 189 Fat All mountain traditional shaped ski 155 x 112 x 133
Director 188 Fatish Rocker All mountain Ski 117-121/107/111-107
Redeemer 190 FAT Rocker Off Piste Ski super charger for powder 138-142/128/132-128
One 166, 173, 180 All Mountain Freestyle Park Piste Ski 119 – 89 – 113
Witedot Carbon versions of the above skis.
MOVEMENT
Movement LeFer 170 Super piste ski 124 x 77 x 108 these skis stay on an edge like a train, the tails are stiff! Great on the hard stuff
Movement Chill Out 185, 135 x 94 x 121 all mountain ski happy on piste or off piste small tip rocker a one quiver type model.
Movement Crew 187 New tip rocker ski 141 x 112 x 129 radius 27, stiffer big mountain charging ski with very good edge hold
Movement Trust 186 Rocker tip traditional underfoot flat tail 141 x 109 x 129 Fast charging off piste ski that can turn easy plus kill pistes
Movement Buzz 185 Rocker tip flat tail, smaller version of the Trust 132-99-120 Excellent both on and off piste and for touring
Movement Mosquito 180 130 x 94 x 122 twin tip style with rocker to tip and tail, all mountain freestyle ski equally at home in the park piste or off piste, very tight radius at 14m
Movement Flyswatter if we get a meter plus of Powder I am on these ! 150 x 125 x145 super rocker tip and tail, best fun ski on the market today
Movement Blink 167 All mountain ladies ski off piste on piste no problem, 135-94-121 ladies version of the chill out

If you are looking at other Movement Skis to test I need to know before Tuesday 26th Nov

As last year, I am around all week, but the official test days are Monday and Tuesday.

So the plan is, you can book the skis for the morning or the afternoon for 2 hour sessions , PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have your boot sole length written down or remember it, (PS that's not the size of your boot)

If you hate the skis after the first run, then you can bring them straight back to me, 3/4 hour window, otherwise your on them for the full session, this way I can get some runs in as well.

After the test, skis will still be available, please discuss with me what you would like to try, again this will be on a daily basis or maybe half day on some models, I will run this from the ski rooms in the Hotel please see me at 9am to collect your skis.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 28-11-13 7:47; edited 19 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitedot Ranger 177 Carbon on Tuesday afternoon 14.00-16.00 if possible. Sole length is 295mm
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ranger Carbon 168cm on Monday 2pm please? I've been wanting to try this ski for ages Smile BSL 297.

Also, I'd like to try a full-on piste ski, but I'm only 172cm, would the LeFer be too big for me? I've skied the Director in 188 quite happily before, but it's rockered...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fixx, You can give the LeFer a try I dont have a the smaller sizes for test, but should give you a good idea
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Preacher Carbon 179 Monday 0930/1130 Boot sole 315mm
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
andyman, Shocked yep the 179's better Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
livetoski, horrible thought, might be booked on OP Guiding day Monday. Can I pencil in Tuesday same session but obviously only take the one I can make? Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andyman,
Quote:

Can I pencil in Tuesday

Yep I should have 2 pairs of the 179 carbons so should be fine
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can I please book

Whitedot Ranger 177 for 9:30 Monday
Whitedot Ranger 177 Carbon Fibre for 11:35 Monday

I'll update with my sizes when I get home Smile

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 25-11-13 18:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Movement Lefer - Monday 09.30 to 11.30
and
Movement Mosquito - Tuesday 09.30 to 11.30

Boot size - 315

Thanks

H
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski, Can I change the Ranger carbons to 11:45 Monday - that way I can drop the others back and zip off on them Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
codyaitch, Kelv1n, sorted Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd like to test some skis. I have a lesson don't know if it clashes! but anyway...

Movement Blink 167 Ladies Mon 9.30 - 11.30
White Dot One 166 Tue 9.30 - 11.30

Sole 300mm
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lucinda.s, woo hoo let's get you in the deep stuff Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
livetoski wrote:
fixx, You can give the LeFer a try I dont have a the smaller sizes for test, but should give you a good idea

Thanks, I'm sure I'll cope with the length - could I try them Monday at 11.45?

Although like some others I have some lessons booked at some point, and no times yet. Hopefully there won't be any issues, but if there are I'll advise asap!
ski holidays
Hi can I book whitedot preacher 179 carbons on monday and movemet trust 186 Monday? 335 boot, easy going on time as your at the bottom of the hill again ?
snow report
fixx, I've just sent livetoski an email about demo availability and we may not have a 168 CL, if not i suggest you try a 168 trad and a 177 CL (at 172 then a 177 may be the better fit for all but a tourer anyway).
snow conditions
Hi

I would like to try a couple of quite different skis if possible;

My current 173 Shoguns are great ski everywhere skis. When I first bought them they were big at 99mm underfoot, now I have big ski envy so looking to try bigger, the equivalent of the Atomic Automatic?

When I tried touring with them (Fritschi Pro bindings but alpine boots) the Shoguns were heavy of course and a bit long for my kick turns. On the other hand they go down great unlike my attempts on Trab skis and they side slip well with the large radius. Open to suggestions therefore. Intention later is touring boots and Dynafit

166cm, 63kg, 295mm boots

Not sure how to book times as I have booked a couple of off piste clinics and don't know when these are as yet...
latest report
Thanks for the heads up midgetbiker, those sound like good alternatives.
snow conditions
Why am I even looking here??? (Need to know lesson timetable really... Will see what time slots left.... And Tim you aren't allowed to sell me anything)
snow report
Hi

Can I try the WD Director (178) and the WD Preacher (179) on the 9.30 slots Monday/Tuesday.

Boot size 315.

Cheers

S.
ski holidays
Hi Tim
I was hoping that you would come up with some suggestive remarks, but in the absence and limited choice of fat skis for lighter skiers could I try
WD Preacher 169 Monday 1400 and Ranger 168 Carbon Tuesday 0930? Clinics permitting hopefully

boots 295

Many thanks
ski holidays
livetoski,
Can I book the Carbon Preachers 179 on Tuesday 14.00 or take
Quote:

livetoski, horrible thought, might be booked on OP Guiding day Monday. Can I pencil in Tuesday same session but obviously only take the one I can make

andyman's slot Tuesday morning if hes taken Mondays Boots 317

cheers
ski holidays
Hi will update later today, sorry for slow reply been picking up skis and gear and hospital stuff today!!

I have more skis to add to the Movement list

Lefer ladies Prisma super fast piste ski 156
Shift, carbon touring ski
Zip in a couple of sizes this is a 80 under foot all mountain which is pretty fun and lively
Scent ladies piste and all mountain 156
Chill out in longer 185

Plus a few avi airbag packs for use if required Toofy Grin
ski holidays
livetoski wrote:
.....been picking up skis and gear and hospital stuff today!!

Err something we should know about !!!
Quote:

Plus a few avi airbag packs for use if required Toofy Grin

Def need to try one of these (detachable) ones out please Smile
snow report
livetoski, any ideas if the Shift Carbon Touring is suitable for tele? I assume so but wondered if you had any more info. Also, are they fitted with touring bindings?
ski holidays
The shift. Has touring bindings, marker baron, airbags will be abs, and Mammut. Hospital thing is my lads acl reconstruction today!
ski holidays
The shift. Has touring bindings, marker baron, airbags will be abs, and Mammut. Hospital thing is my lads acl reconstruction today!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
livetoski wrote:

Excellent I will give them a blast then. Will wait until I have OP, guiding etc confirmed if that's ok with you.

Re the knee. Fingers crossed, mines been fine after 25 years and it looks like Eva's is all but sorted so outlook is good Smile
snow report
can I try the white dot one Monday 14-1600?
boot size 317

Is the carbon one stiffer as well as lighter?
I am unsure of the bigger/wide skis, its been a while but I am used to skiing karmas 87mm underfoot
Would be nice to try a fatter ski later in the week and conditions permitting and hoping I remember how to ski after a break for a few years
latest report
bobson, done

New Movement ladies skis added and some Touring come wide skis the new Shift from movement these are 98 underfoot carbon based ski with a nice stiff tail.
snow report
Hi

Not worried about the time just fit me in please but not Tuesday afternoon as I am only on the 3 day break Sad. Whitedot Ranger, both versions please so that I can compare and see what the extra money on the carbons is worth. 177cm believe boot length is 315mm
snow conditions
Now I have seen the lessons schedule - can I move my booking for the Movement Mosquitos back one slot to 11.45 - 13.45

Thanks
snow conditions
Movement Scent Ladies 155
Movement Prisma Ladies 156
Movement Blink Ladies 167 or pref. 159 version IF YOU CAN GET THEM.

3x Monday sessions, starting with the easiest on piste ski first and progressing through them.

My own skis are Rossignol Passion Classic 154 (112-69-95) and I'm 164 tall.
Boot sole length 285mm.
snow conditions
livetoski, Oops just realised as I serviced skis for new boots (the Titans Smile ) the sole length is 312 not 315 as previously stated, can you amend please? (FYI they have the Alpine soles fitted so no worries with the binding height)
snow report
livetoski,
I have an all day guided session on Tuesday so can I move my ski trials from Tuesday to Monday, perhaps Preacher Monday at 0930 and Ranger at 1400?
latest report
livetoski, I need to move my test too as it clashes.

Can I move Monday's Movement Blink 167 Ladies to 11.45am?

Thanks
latest report
livetoski, could I swap testing the 168cm Ranger Carbon from Monday pm to Tuesday 9.30am? If there is no 168cm, could I try the 177cm carbon instead at the same time?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy