Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lapland boarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to see Santa,
Has anyone boarded at SAARISELKA. We're going for 5 days. Was wondering what the board hire is like or should I take my own. I'm thing we will only get may be two days max boarding in. Anything else we should try there.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
im so jealous, really want to do that, the wife and i have said in a few years we are goona do it with the kids, you will have to report back once you have been.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Miss your flight home .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's seriously far north. When I lived in Finland it was cheaper to fly the other direction for snow wink

I would email the resort and ask them about what they have for hire.

When I used to ride in Helsinki the local hire kit was fine, but it was beginner gear. Even on the small hills there it was too noodly for me. I took my own gear for that reason. There was always snow, but sometimes it would be a bit like snowdome snow - hard frozen with a bit of spindrift on it. When there was fresh it was good quality stuff, sometimes cold enough to be squeaky (a bad thing).

Other stuff to try... in Finland generally, sauna (don't wear your swimming gear and use a seat mat). Cross country skiing and outdoor skating. Reindeer meat (coarse grained and good). Olut. Koskenkorva if you like spirits....

And of course Sibelius works best in Finland.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fill you all in when we get back! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy