Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not so new little clothing brand for skiers, update!

Poster: A snowHead
Size xs in ladies would be good, 4 options for ladies is quite limited.

£12.50 for postage to Ireland! So £36.50 for a tee shirt has priced me out. Yeti tee is nice as previously mentioned different colours would be good.

Clicking #sanglierski on Instagram has me leaving the website, opening in new tab might be a better option.

Good luck with yer venture.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nick D,
Quote:

Zazzle print anything direct to garment, try googling Yeti Clothing, Freeski Clothing etc. and they'll all yield similar results.

That's fine - I didn't realise that, but it just seemed valid enough to raise as an issue. I'm really glad it won't be a problem. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Eh? Sanglier is a wild boar. This is fine for the boys, but I can imagine a few young ladies when this is pointed out might not like having their "pig" t-shirt pointed out to them.

As above, I suspect free seasonnaire t-shirts is your best route to establishing a brand in resorts (and therefore back in the UK probably as well) but fundamentally you are selling printed t-shirts for £24. In an age of Sports Direct and similar, any more than £10 for a t-shirt seems expensive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, Forgotten me already? That's the last time I buy you a pint in the Cannon!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
new2skiing, Thanks for pointing that out, I think it's an error (postage is free for 2 or more items btw!).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick D wrote:
CTM** application well underway but it's a looooong (and expensive) process.
I had a look on the IPO website. Good to see it covers Beer. Only really expensive if you get challenged. And I've had them go to registration in a little over a year.

** Community Trademark (ie Europe)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The designs look good to me, would definitely buy a couple of them and it's sufficiently different from similar brands (e.g. Planks). The website probably needs some love in terms of putting the products first. Welcome to the exciting world of website optimisation. Hope you guys do well.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick D, Oh good grief!!!! I'm a dick Embarassed

Can I have a T' with my sig on it please Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
to be honest if I'm paying £24 for a t shirt from an online company I expect free P&P regardless - don't let the perception that you're gouging people catch you out.

Buy one and find its good quality then buy again v. feel the price of sampling is a little toppy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My 2p: The designs look a bit big on the shirts to entice me in...reduce the size a bit and a couple of them would be interesting (earn your turns and ski geek). I like the holy trinity idea, but I'm not a fan of that specific design (though clearly others are!). Price point-wise, you wouldn't draw me in to a brand I'd never heard of before...it would probably need to be sub-£20. But I'm 'cautious', and your price/delivery compares reasonably well with a brand like Howies (£25 a shirt, £4 delivery). I think you might want a couple more designs, but I'm guessing that's easier said than done!

As for the website, once you get off the front page it's nice simple and not too cluttered - like it. The front page nearly put me off completely though...the photos were too big and changed too quickly, they looked a bit like random holiday snaps, and the layout was confusing (I got briefly confused about the difference between the instagram section and the products).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Personally instagram completely threw me as I'm not entirely certain what it is without going to look it up.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Really like the designs (especially holy 3).
Agree price point seems a little steep as unknown brand, why not 2 for £40?
Or try the planks technique and get Graham Bell to wear it on Ski Sunday?

The only off putting thing is that it's already allowing you to keep Masque in free beer.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick D, The 'Jamie's moment' picture is tragic. That fat lad second from the left in the Columbia jacket, cheap goggles and nasty hat just screams 'LOSER'

I suggest you Photoshop him out of there and get someone a bit more aspirational
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone have a clue who Jamie or Ian are? They aren't the founders. I feel a little like I'm on the outside of a private joke.

Also, what does the countdown to our slope refer to? Relevance?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, really? It's Twitter for photos. Pretty much part of the social media portfolio for any brand these days.
snow report
feef wrote:

As with any 'brand', what is the brand if it's not the brand itself?

What's a 'Sony', what's a 'Coke' except itself. Building a brand is a difficult, long and slow road (unless you get lucky and hit a niche at the right time with the right exposure).

But they are established brands. The point I'm making is that at the moment wearing a T-shirt that just says SANGLIER on it in big letters means nothing to anyone.

Nothing wrong with it being on the T-shirts, but it's not obviously a brand at all. Only my opinion, but with an unknown brand I'd rather it said something else as well to start with. I like the ones which do have other wording/pics on them.

Thanks for agreeing Megamum Smile
snow report
red 27 wrote:
Nick D, The 'Jamie's moment' picture is tragic. That fat lad second from the left in the Columbia jacket, cheap goggles and nasty hat just screams 'LOSER'

I suggest you Photoshop him out of there and get someone a bit more aspirational

LOL ouch!!
snow conditions
Nick D, No comments on the website as its all been said above. However can I suggest that you offer your Yeti and Go Ski tees in different colours? For instance I would buy they Yeti for my son if it was in green or grey but blue isnt really his colour, similarly with the Go Ski Tshirt. I hope this is helpful and in the meantime here is suggestion for the name of your character, "San". All the best with your venture.
latest report
meh, really! Straight-up!

I suppose that the intended demographic - which I guess is 20-30 yr old seasonaires all comprehend Instragram. However, this middle aged mother of two who doesn't FB and doesn't Twitter sat in front of the website and thought 'I wonder why something that sounds like the word telegram is given such prominence on the website?', so it won't work for everyone, but if it works for the intended demographic then, clearly, that is fine.
snow report
40 year old mother of two here - known about Instagram for a long time - 1 to 2 years?
ski holidays
Instagram was launched in 2010, not long after Pinterest.

40 yr old dad of one.

I believe it's crucially important to keep up to date with technology, even if you choose not to use it. At least then it's an informed decision and not just the staunch position of a luddite.

My 70 yr old dad is comfortably on facebook and has just finished setting up a VPN on his NAS
latest report
A bit on the pricey side particularly for a currently unknown brand, though some great designs. I think part of your problem may be that you are quite a bit more expensive than say Cafepress where you can create any tshirt you like.
snow report
red 27, hopefully you didn't just slate Nick D,
ski holidays
feef, I had heard of the word instagram and also have heard of pinterest, I guessed from the hashtag on the Sanglier website that it was something to do with social networking, as I recognise the hashtag as being some sort of flag in twitter (where I think it flags a keyword or something and is allows people to see what is errr....'trending'? which I think allows a gauge of a certain level of interest in a topic - or something like that). Beyond that knew nothing without looking them up. I am not a Luddite just because I choose not to use them, I think it demonstrates that they don't have to be used for someone to exist. In actual fact I am very IT savvy in many areas, and I do what it is to my benefit to do, what just seems like following as a sheep for the sheer sake of following like a sheep doesn't appeal. If the OP is aiming for a SH type customer then he probably has it right to flag something to do with instagram and many SH are also likely to be big social network users.
snow report
red 27, Very Happy Thanks for your insight, the pics will be rotated regularly so email something better to info@sanglier-online.com and we'll be sure to feature it. We're aware that the 'moments' pics are overpowering the home page currently and are working to improve things.
snow report
Megamum wrote:
meh, really! Straight-up!

I suppose that the intended demographic - which I guess is 20-30 yr old seasonaires all comprehend Instragram. However, this middle aged mother of two who doesn't FB and doesn't Twitter sat in front of the website and thought 'I wonder why something that sounds like the word telegram is given such prominence on the website?', so it won't work for everyone, but if it works for the intended demographic then, clearly, that is fine.

You don't have to use them to know what they are. Just read any technology or business coverage in a newspaper or online new site. I really don't think a new business is best served by catering to the lowest common denominator of people who aren't prepared to educate themselves at a basic level. I don't want to use the t word but is it really that difficult to look up on AOL online or Compuserve a word with which you are unfamiliar?

(personal pet peeve - businesses that require you to like them on facebook to engage in some way)
snow report
fatbob, I think I've said/implied several times above that look it up is what I did, but my point was that some people won't know about these things automatically esp. not some of the older generation. I've got parents who have literally not touched a computer/tablet/smart phone etc. and don't want to do so they wouldn't have a clue what instagram was - I had vague knowledge from somewhere that it must be one of these social media things, but wouldn't have guessed photos - the name seemed more to indicate some sort of messaging service - instagram = close to telegram. However, I have also accepted above that it is probably not that demographic that the website was aimed at, but it is just worth any business who wants to target a wide clientelle noting that even amongst the IT literate not everyone wants to waste their time on more than one social media site (SH included Embarassed ) +1 your pet peeve!
snow conditions
Megamum,
Quote:

ome people won't know about these things automatically esp. not some of the older generation. I've got parents who have literally not touched a computer/tablet/smart phone etc. and don't want to do so they wouldn't have a clue what instagram was

Are they also blind and illiterate then? Instagram was pretty much front page news when FB bought it for $1billion. Yes, that's right, one billion. This is not some 'down with the kids' thing to know, it is a significant recent news event.

Anyway, at risk of derailing the thread into ANOTHER on of Megamum's ''oh, goodness me, silly old me doesn’t know what this insta-telegram jobby thingy is" lets get back to the website Very Happy

Nick D, I liked the designs, didn't feel the price point was super high but a t-shirt delivered for £25 would feel a bit more comfortable to try the clothing. I liked the lay out of the website too, easy to use.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The non-tech-savvy older generation aren't going to be ordering t-shirts with boars on them online.
snow report
A lot has already been said but in brief:

Positives:

Nice branding – like the font, hog etc.
Good designs
Would I buy one (at he right price) – YES!

Negatives:

McAfee (work computer) flags your site up as “Risky”. Doesn’t bother me but if I was after a t-shirt for Christmas my mum would be put off and go somewhere else!
As Red27 said in such a complimentary manner, the photos need to go. They look like a punter’s holiday snaps. If I’m going to spend £24 to buy into a cult cool seasonaire brand, I want inspiring images from the people that created the brand that was “Born in the Alps”, not a group of average joes on holiday.

Things I’d add:

Models in your t-shirts – I know you want to keep your overheads low but I’m sure you could pay some good looking friends/students at your local uni to model them. If you are all devilishly handsome/hot then you guys could do it? wink
As lots of people have said , more colours. I want an Earn Your Turns tee but I don’t wear black. No sale!

£24 plus postage seems high. If it was £20, I might well have got the missus a tee for Christmas, as it was, I eneded up feeling over critical of your website as I mentally start comparing you to other brands that charge a similar amount for the same product.

Can you have a “See All” button next to the Page 1 and 2. If I’m picking a t-shirt, I want them all on one page.

Good luck!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 27-11-13 12:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Quote:

The non-tech-savvy older generation aren't going to be ordering t-shirts with boars on them online.

Unless they are buying them for a child/grandchild? You don't want to put any potential customer off!

(However, I do agree that this is being made far more of an issue off than is necessary. I would cut the Instagram bit back myself, but I'm over thrity so am no longer the target demographic......)
snow report
galpinos wrote:

Negatives:

McAfee (work computer) flags your site up as “Risky”. Doesn’t bother me but if I was after a t-shirt for Christmas my mum would be put off and go somewhere else!

This can happen when, despite your website being okay, there are or may have been problems with one or more of the other websites that are hosted on the same server.

Best way round this is to get a dedicated server or at least a unique IP address tied to your domain name.

galpinos wrote:
Quote:

Unless they are buying them for a child/grandchild? You don't want to put any potential customer off!

(However, I do agree that this is being made far more of an issue off than is necessary. I would cut the Instagram bit back myself, but I'm over thrity so am no longer the target demographic......)

I'm 40 but I'd still buy one.. I think the target demographic is more style and attitude based than simply being age based.
snow report
I'm not a great wearer of T-shirts anyway. I'd be far more interested in sweatshirts. They also seem to go a bit better with the skiing thing.

Designs - some good, some a bit amateur. I'd like to see some more subtle designs. I like the 'Go Ski' one. I like the 'Sanglier' one. I didn't get the 'Holy Trinity' one until I'd looked at it a few times. Couldn't work out why a mobile phone (transceiver), shovel, and some strange straight lines, were anthing to do with skiing. Embarassed

The one thing I really didn't like was the colours. What's the obsession with black? I'd be far more interested in pastels, natural colours, oatmeal etc.

Price: Yes, others have mentioned it, but the more I've looked at this the more I think they are much too expensive. Even the likes of Oakley, Animal, and other well-established brands are all <£25, and often <£20
snow conditions
I am also getting a risky status flagged that I kwow enough to click through. From what I know about these things the 'risky' flag is liable to be triggered due to the 'newness' of the site. I am not entirely certain how you can get around that, but I think it is likely to be the cause. I might not be on top of the latest way of wasting time, but I am IT savvy in things that are actually important such as this issue wink
ski holidays
Nick D, One of the big boys over here. Worth studying for the business model and visuals. They don't ship outside N.America.

edit: remember to post the link rolling eyes

http://www.customink.com/

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 27-11-13 14:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Megamum, why is Instagram/Twitter/Facebook any more a 'waste' of time than, say, this site?
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
I like the designs. Compared to, say, Planks, you have more going on than just the logo/branding. The 'Earn your Turns pictoral' is pretty cool.

I think the pricing is about right, presuming the quality stand up. Under £20 makes me think iron on transfers and crappy 'Fruit of the Loom' bulk-bought t-shirts.

Me too, £24 for a decent tee sounds fine to me.
ski holidays
jonm, I didn't suggest that they were. Only that they are a different way of wasting time that I can manage without. I guess it's OK marketing to the supposed mainstream group providing you are happy to stand the risk of not marketing to everyone or even alienating them. I don't think the OP is anywhere close to doing the latter, but with so much marketing is being driven by social media these days it is easy to think it is the only way of doing things when actually there are still people around that will actively avoid such things. I must admit I do take a dim view of anything that comes through which requires a FB sign up - which many do and that dim view is reflected in the company which is trying that route to sell to me. I also know that there are some other SH's who aren't big FB/Twitter/possibly instagram users so I don't think I am alone in this. The OP's website is selling a product which I quite accept is geared at a certain age demographic who might be expected to have all this social networking stuff going on. However, I still think that the savvy marketing person also remembers to include those that fall outside that sphere. I think the OP is close, but the Instagram link is very big (too big?) on the page vs. the come and buy me links which I think are more important.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 27-11-13 14:05; edited 3 times in total
latest report
jonm,
Quote:

Megamum, why is Instagram/Twitter/Facebook any more a 'waste' of time than, say, this site?

As Megamum pointed out, she didn't say they were. However, I would argue that they do tend to be more of a waste of time. Not that SH is 100% intellectual quality, but Instagram/Farcebook and Twatter do seem to be particularly vacous.
latest report
galpinos wrote:
Quote:

But they haven't ever touched a computer or tablet or smartphone so the whole "online" issue is a bit moot. There's a wider point somewhere about a "generation" (not specifically age defined - I'd say more reactionary and not open to learning/ or those living below the techno poverty line) that are denied easy access to lots of things that have effectively migrated online but I don't think it is in the context of whether a T shirt webshop is too confusing for the average user nor whether that shop which they'd never realistically come across (unless they are a Francophile with a particular interest in wild boar) then alienates them by mentioning the name of a multi billion business they've never heard of.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 27-11-13 14:18; edited 2 times in total
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy