Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Doncaster/Robin Hood Airport: Boots in Hand Luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to do this & my boots/bag are within the hand luggage dims/weight allowance so shouldn't be a problem but don't want a last minute hitch. Tried contacting the airport/airline with no avail. Anyone done this specifically at Donny or had problems trying to?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you mind if I ask where you are flying to and with whom? I wasn't aware there were any ski destinations served from there since EJ dropped their Geneva flights.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've flown Doncaster to Turin but always have my ski boots in my hold bag. I'm pretty sure I saw someone take a boot bag on board though, albeit a few years back.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sanman wrote:
Do you mind if I ask where you are flying to and with whom? I wasn't aware there were any ski destinations served from there since EJ dropped their Geneva flights.

Looking at Turin with Crystal who use Thompson flights.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia wrote:
I've flown Doncaster to Turin but always have my ski boots in my hold bag. I'm pretty sure I saw someone take a boot bag on board though, albeit a few years back.

Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Looking at Turin with Crystal

Ahhh right. I never flew with Crystal. But I've taken boot bags through security there albeit a few years ago. Some airlines (Monarch IIRC) get a bit funny about excess weight in carry-on bags.

It's a lovely airport though, reminds me of Stansted 15 years ago, park outside, walk inside, check in, clear security, all within minutes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just don't complain about them on Twitter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, if it was me I would be trying to ask the airline rather than the airport?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tarquin wrote:
Just don't complain about them on Twitter.

Yeah don't comment on having your boots blown or anything about punches wink Best not mention your Quivver Killers either.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last few years I have been with Monarch and like everyone else worries about going over weight limit as Monarch are or can be funny and hit you with excess weight costs so I always take a rucksack as hand luggage and put one of my boots in that and other in case, have had no issues..... so far. Monarch again this January so crossing everything I can.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sanman wrote:

It's a lovely airport though

Stupid name though: 'Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield' what marketing genius thought of that name Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just to be safe I suggest you wear one and put the other in your hand luggage.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stewart woodward wrote:
sanman wrote:

It's a lovely airport though

Stupid name though: 'Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield' what marketing genius thought of that name Puzzled

Same one as London Luton
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[/quote]
I have always flown with my boots/bag as hand luggage without a problem. If Monarch have a problem with the weight just take the ski boots out and wear them, problem solved
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy