Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oxygene ski school Plagne 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, We are thinking of booking our son into morning lessons with Oxygene ski school, we are staying in La Plagne 1800 does anyone know if they teach the lessons in plagne 1800 ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sure they must do as they have a office there. We used them meeting in Belle Plagne - they were very good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Their website stated we need a child's lift pass at 175 euros, but as it's his first time I'm not sure he'll need it
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,
I only know oxy at Plagne Centre and they were amazing, friendly helpful and safe. If you need to go to Plagne Centre from 1800 it's easy use the free shuttle bus the bus stops throughout 1800 and stops an easy 100 m walk to meet point for schools or 2lifts and easy slide down to school.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a nursery area at 1800 but it is very small, kids will outgrow it on first day. Buy the pass out there once you see how kids are doing, sales points everywhere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
samuelsdad, they are an excellent school, their meeting point is in Plan Centre, very easy to get to with the free bus (we where in 1800), if they say you will need the pass you will, the nursery slopes are limited without a pass, if you'r unsure give them a call we did to sort out our daughters lessons.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 24-11-13 15:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
samuelsdad, We went to La Plagne the last two years, kids were 5 and 10 on our first trip there and had never skied on snow at all. They did a starter series of classes on our local dry slope which taught them some basics and I would highly recommend you do this for your lad too.

They both had lessons with Oxygene. The meeting points for lessons are at Centre and Belle Plagne. There is a small nursery area in Centre too.

On the first day I left my youngest (Tilly) in tears at ski school, the eldest was very positive though. I was worried about little one and thought this could be a disaster if she hates it and it could badly affect the whole family holiday as my wife was also in half day lessons. Tilly had a French Instructor who spoke super English but as I discovered through the week was quite firm with the kids but very very nurturing too.

When I came back to collect Tilly at lunch time she was laughing like a drain and had massively enjoyed her lesson. The spent about half of it in the nursery section and the other half on the excellent green slope in Centre. That afternoon we spent the time as a family up and down the same green practicing what all three had learned.

Day two and Tilly was on all the easy blues around Centre and to cut a long story short by the end of the week both she and her big sister were comfortably skiing all blues and some of the reds. They even did a little off piste. I kept a video diary doing interviews of them over lunch each day which I watched just the other day. Priceless record of their achievement and development and hearing them describe how they had done was fantastic.

Anyway to address the points in your OP yes they will need a pass. I bought theirs from Oxygene with the lessons and they did me a deal at way cheaper than £175 you are quoting. Speak to them and negotiate best price. Oxygene are excellent as a school. The instructors are great with kids, they don't pander to cry babies but balance their approach fantastically. The instructors were happy to spend the first few minutes of their lunch break explain how my kids had done and on what to work on in the afternoons. I cannot speak highly enough of them!!

My best advice is to go with them, buy the pass, take the shuttle bus up to centre for the first few days and you will not regret it. By the last couple of days I will bet you can ski from 1800 to the Melezes lift take that up to Centre then take the green nursery lift to just above the main Centre Gondola and Ski School meeting point which is a nice little starter if you are up early and want to dispense with the bus.

PS. if you are renting equipment I highly recommend Oxygene too they will even collect you and drop you off to and from accommodation in their minibus to save you walking with loads of gear!

All the very best enjoy!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
samuelsdad, Can you not book the beginners pack which includes the ski pass?

On the website it is showing as 320 euros compared to lessons only which cost 175 euros, so an extra 145 euros for the lift pass.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes you can buy a beginners pack including lessons and pass. I actually got a price cheaper than their listed price on-line by emailing them direct and negotiating best price. I forget the exact cost now and have deleted all my old bookings but they were really very accommodating. If I recall it was Jo Greenwood who I dealt with and I met her both times we visited La Plagne. They couldn't do enough for us.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok i will look into that thank you, so can we get the free bus up to Plagne Centre? On another note is there much to do in Plagne 1800 for non skiers, cafe or any small supermarkets for supplies
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes you can get a free bus on your ski pass but if you book lessons with Oxygen they will provide shuttle transfer directly for you upto the ski school you just need to arrange with them. For non-skiers there is a bar and small supermarket but not a great deal in 1800 but again you can make use of the ski bus on your pass to all the linked resorts. I cracked a rib last year and missed a couple of days so used the bus up to Bellecote and then the bubble up to Belle Plagne and Roche de Mio just to get out and about and see the kids and wife for lunch etc.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok thanks, reason for asking was partner and mum in law not skiing but don't want to pay out for lift pass just to get to Plagne Centre
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the buses run regularly from my recollection, there is a cinema and shops to potter around but to be honest there is not a massive amount to do there for non skiers as it is resort designed for skiing as opposed to a functioning natural town in its own right. There are some nice piste-side walks and I have seen husky sleds there too if they fancy that sort of thing in order for you all to meet up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
samuelsdad, as others have already pointed out they will pick you up from your hotel/chalet. You just need to let them know ahead of time. If they don't have any spaces try Reflex ski school; they are in a league of their own.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy