Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Third skiing trip.. Andorra, Slovenia or Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Laughing

Thats what I thought..... but as Bene said

Quote:
I guess the point I'm trying to make is once your on the hill there's not a huge amount of difference from one ski country to the next.

I thought maybe this was the case... anyhow thats music to my ears as I like to see different places with different feels and environments!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For those who still think smoking in bars in Andorra is permitted. Andorra introduced a smoking ban in all public places on 13 December 2012.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On a basic level-there's snow, things that carry you up the mountains, places to eat, places to drink, runs that are pisted/bashed.

You slide on the snow on one or two planks............

Modern resorts tend to have an efficent lift system, snow making, a variety of difficulty in terms of pistes etc etc

My point is the actual SKIING be it Austria, Italy, France, Andorra etc isn't all that different IME

The rest is a matter of taste/preference and what attracts people to certain countries/areas over others.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is gettting amusing. No differrence .. lol! Try skiing Nevis Range (Scotland) and then a week later Arraba (Sella Ronda - Italy) on perfect snow in sunshine, surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the world (Dolomites). Extreme example I know, but highlights there are 'differences'. Andorra, although fun, is not up there with a great number of resorts in the Alps. The following short list has some 'easy' skiing for a 3rd week, stunning scenery and won't break the bank. 1. Sella Ronda - Italy; 2. Aosta Valley resorts of Pila, Cervinia, any Monte Rosa (not a fan of Courmayer, too limited, even for a 3rd weeker) - Italy; 3. Ski Amade - Austria; 4. Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg - Austria; 5. Ziller Valley, any of Mayrhofen, Zell am Ziller, Kaltenbach, Fugen - Austria; 6. For this level I'd recommend in France (yes even France!) Portes du Soleil, any of Les Gets, Morzine, Chatel or Les Carroz or St. Gervais Mont Blanc / Les Contamines. You can't go wrong with a Tarantaise / Vanoise mega resort either, however usually pricey and tasteless architecture. If I was to pick one, I'd go for Tignes.

True, you will have fun on good snow in Bulgaria or Andorra, but there is a world of difference between them and the Alpine resorts. (before I'm picked up on not including the greats here for the more experienced, i.e. Argentiere, Zermatt, St. Anton etc. this list is targeted at the poster - early intermediate / good value / some apres / picturesque). Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
benboski, The problem with a list like this is the glaring omissions! Shock
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Em1986,
Before booking anything, check out resorts on websites like 'wtss' , 'welove2ski', 'worldsnowboardguide' + resort reviews on this site etc..........they should give you some insight into what you should expect ; be honest with yourself on what you like & what your ( + group )ability is and you should be sorted .
Also always be mindful of expected/historical snow conditions at time you are travelling; if possible wait as late as posible ( + get best latedeals) as not much point going to best resort when there's no, or very little, snow!
Mitch
PS; Im told you should watch out for the wild dogs in Bulgaria Shocked

PPS; to answer your original question
1/ Austria
2/ Andorra
3/ Slovinia
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
benboski, I don't think Bene, Is trying to compare skiing on Aonach Mor with skiing in the Dolomites.... Rather if I get his point skiing on piste? Is very similar, food, apres, scenery etc aside in the main Alpine destinations. Is skiing on a blue run in Italy, Austria, France etc really that different? There are variations from resort to resort as they try to appeal to as wide an audience as possible so the grading can get iffy.

Actually IMO skiing on a good day in Scotland is as good as anywhere else! wink as Tatman's says there's some glaring omissions on your list.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy