Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First set of Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alright guys!

I'm heading to my first SH ski test tomorrow and not really sure what to be on the lookout for

I've been skiing for a little while now. I've done 8 weeks in France and all the usual suspects. I've never paid too much attention to the type of ski I've used other than getting a set of the more up market rentals. Since moving to Scotland a few months ago, I've started to consider picking up some as the prospect of popping up north every now and then makes buying skis seem a bit more feasible.

What would you recommend for an intermediate who spends probably 70% of his time on groomed pistes and the rest messing about in any powder that's accessible from the lifts?

As I improve I can also see myself wanting to spend more time off the groomed pistes and would love to take a few off piste lessons as my next step to bettering my technique.

Until then I'd like something that can perform well on piste and still be decent off piste.

I've been looking at some Whitedot skis, mainly because there will be a few sets at the ski test in Glasgow tomorrow.

For the record im 85Kgs and 188cm!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's the good thing about the ski tests tomorrow - mention to the staff who will be in attendance and they will advise.
EB staff have been excellent in assisting queries I have had without pushy sales responses.
Although not taking part in the tests tomorrow I may pop my head in to see whats happening.
Enjoy the day!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm a (sort of) similar size and shape to you with similar ambitions and I suggest you give the Movement Jams some extended time on trial at your ski test. See what Scotts have to offer too.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Bish, Jams look interesting. Haven't heard of them before. I'll definitely give them a shot!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
unsubtlewoods, I liked'em so much I bought'em. Tried them at the eosb in May '13 and they were sweet on hard piste and even better in the slushy crud in the afternoon. I got them for an all-purpose ski to replace my old Icelandic Nomads which are great but too heavy and stiff for tele/touring.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, seeing lots of positive things from other snowheads about them... might need to leave the credit card at home just in case! wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
unsubtlewoods wrote:
Chris Bish, Jams look interesting. Haven't heard of them before. I'll definitely give them a shot!

I was on the 11/12 jams and then upgraded to the 12/13 Jams with early rise last season. I think they are a fantastic all-mountain ski, and would certainly recommend them to anyone.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jams are cracking good skis.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
unsubtlewoods, I would definitely recommend getting your own skis if you live in Scotland, it really reduces the cost of some day trips and it's nice to have to same set of skis to get used to. Even though you ski on piste most of the time I would recommend something at least a little all mountainy for Scotland as there is usually a fair amount of ungroomed. I tried the Volkl Kendos a few years ago and they seemed like an ideal Scotland ski, maybe look at somehting like that? I skied Volkl Bridges then Rossi S3s as my main ski when I lived in Scotland and got on well with both.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
unsubtlewoods, I'll look out for you tomorrow
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
muppet, sound! See you there!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tested the below at the Ski test on Saturday, ended up loving the Movement Jam! Took them out three times after various different skis and nothing held a candle to them.

Movement -Jam
Nordica - Burner
Blizzard - Bushwacker
Whitedot - Preacher
Salomon - ENDURO XT 800 + Z12 SPEED
Rossignol - SOUL 7
Salomon - Q-90
Atomic - Theory
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
unsubtlewoods, On hard piste they are outblasted by the Salomon - ENDURO XT 800 but the Jams are sweet as a one ski go anywhere tool. I'm looking forward to playtime with them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't disagree there. If I hadn't already bought a pair of K2's, I'd have bought a pair of Jams there and then, the moment I had to hand them back.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, XT 800's were insane! If I wasn't looking for more of an all rounder I'd be picking up them but just found the Jams a lot of fun and recommended by a lot of people.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy