Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

7 months pregnant

Poster: A snowHead
Well we made it back from La Plagne. OH wasn't altitude sick just mildly breathless and she drunk plenty of water and rested a lot so all ok.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
samuelsdad, great. snowHead Did you all enjoy the trip?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
samuelsdad, grea

th enext thing to do is make sure you all carry on skiing with the little'un. Perhaps a sneaky late season trip- last week of April in Val D'Isere? All four of you?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good news samuelsdad. I presume OH did ski - yes?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No she didn't ski, Our 6 year old cried when we came home as he loved the skiing so much,
On another note if anyone is staying with Snowchateaux in Plagne 1800 you will be well looked after - food and chalet both fantastic plus excellent free bus service to Plagne centre
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes trip was great, managed to crack 94 kph on my board, Enjoyed La Plagne but there are a lot of flat spots and uphill sections in the middle of the runs also on a busy run into Plagne centre there is a drag lift that goes right across the piste, a bit dangerous i thought .
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like you had a great time! We did La Plagne 1800 last season (stayed in the self-catering apartments at the top) and our now 7 and 5 year olds are desperate to go back. Not this season though - I'm also 7 months pregnant but suffering so badly from pelvic and back pain and a high risk pregnancy so nobody is going anywhere! Will probably hit Hemel again in late Spring but it is hardly the same.

I agree with you about that drag lift! First time I encountered it was in serious fog (as in "can't see piste markers until you hit them" fog") Fortunately it wasn't running - I'm guessing as an obvious safety precaution considering the visibility. I did not enjoy towing ours on the flat spots around Plagne Centre either!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Instructor we skied with some years ago said she would not ski beyond five months for fear of someone skiing in to her. Seems the appropriate response. Anything else depends on fitness.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I skied when I was pregnant with my first and my third child, but only about 3 months gone each time. I tired noticeably earlier than I normally would have. I would not have wanted to ski once the bump became largish, balance could have been an issue due to the change in shape and the loosened ligaments. The pregnancy sickness was a nuisance on the slopes and on the journeys. Advice from my doctor, also a keen skier, was to ski well within my capability, not to take risks and not to get too tired!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Soo, going on the responses on here, it looks like mid-January is the optimum time for a skier to get knocked up?!

Means you can ski till the end of the season, then go off & have a lovely spring/summer pregnancy, give birth mid-September & be back on the slopes in December, ready for the following season.

Sorted!! wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Strangely enough, two of my 3 were born in September Very Happy Did not manage to go skiing the season after either were born though Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CaravanSkier wrote:
Strangely enough, two of my 3 were born in September Very Happy Did not manage to go skiing the season after either were born though Very Happy

Similar to me - Mine are August and September "babies" and in both cases, despite hoping / looking to go, we didn't make it out the first season after they were born, the season after we did in both cases though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Humpfknick, Babies get dehydrated very quickly and it's worse at altitude. They don't sleep. If you add in how completely knackered you are when you have a new baby you will agree that even skiing is just too much effort. And nurseries won't take babies less than 3 months. You'd have to wait till March /April!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When I looked the youngest i found offering childcare was 4months, and a lot wanted them to be 6months.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OMG in that case how on earth do people raise babies in the mountains??! Lol!

It was a lighthearted post, aimed more at people who'd like the option of skiing from start to finish of season (so not annual skiers!). I'm not saying I'd want to ski the season, but I'd certainly get out on the snow for a few hours every so often- Dec to Mar. Better than spending the season heavily pregnant & unable to do anything snow related! wink
snow report
First child: born December, 8 weeks early. Went skiing Obergurgl in April with non-skiing Granny. Still breast feeding. No problems.
She''s now most beautiful girl ever, and successful journalist.
Second child born December, 4 weeks early. Went skiing April/May to Zermat with similar family and shared child care (still breastfeeding). No problems.
He's now most gorgeous guy ever, and triumphant university student.
Both ski way better than me.
snow report
hi think there is a public pool in the la plagne village below belle plagne
ski holidays
Jonpim, I love it!!That's the way to do it (if you want to, of course!!) Happy
snow conditions
Jonpim, but my Mum was and still is a skier! She certainly wouldn't have wanted to stay home to babysit and I wouldn't have asked her to. But great if you can do it.
There are few things more satisfying than going skiing with your husband, both your parents and both your kids - all on the same chairlift at once. I feel so lucky sometimes.
I ski with a deal more style than my (grown up) kids. I don't have their strength and fitness, but more skill!
snow conditions
Jonpim wrote:
First child: born December, 8 weeks early. Went skiing Obergurgl in April with non-skiing Granny. Still breast feeding. No problems.
She''s now most beautiful girl ever, and successful journalist.
Second child born December, 4 weeks early. Went skiing April/May to Zermat with similar family and shared child care (still breastfeeding). No problems.
He's now most gorgeous guy ever, and triumphant university student.
Both ski way better than me.

Aren't they both a bit old for breast feeding now? Toofy Grin
latest report
Megamum wrote:
Quote:

Played badminton till my skirt wouldn't do up

snowyowl, Def. the 'right' attitude IMO Very Happy

+1

Boris has the same attitude.
latest report
Right. it's mid-January. I'm off to get pregnant. Lol! wink
ski holidays
DB, Ew
snow report
snow report
How Pregnant?
ski holidays
snowyowl wrote:
How Pregnant?

Are you asking how far pregnant Boris is or how one get's pregnant?
To answer both quetions I don't think he's pregnant, just put on a couple of pounds. As for the second question - I haven't got a clue.
snow conditions
DB, I know how you get pregnant. Better start a new thread...!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy