Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Augmented Reality Mobile Application

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good Evening/ Morning all,

Around this time last year I posted a thread asking for feedback on a potential Mobile Application I was intending to carry out as a Unversity Undergraduate project. Unfortunately I was unable to complete this due to time-constraints but I am back on track this year and intending to take this project into the real world for this season.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2164057&highlight=augmented+reality#2164057

Unfortunately I am once again asking for feedback that will influence the design and build of this App, I go into further detail in the link below, the survey only takes a few minutes and any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
http://obsurvey.com/S2.aspx?id=a6f417e5-7e09-4be8-9fd8-658f1c68802c
Thanks again to the best Forum I've found on the Web for Skiers and Snowboarders wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 20-11-13 19:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't finish questionnaire whether or not I put in a (fake) email address at the end.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
done
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
done
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Done

I am quite excited abotu the possibility of augmented reality pist mapping & route planning - hav been saying how great it would be for years. Perfect for new resorts, big days planned, poor visabiliy etc

There are already loads of tracking apps so I don't think that feature is needed in this app.

Do come back olliesmith, and let us know of any releases.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kat.ryb, It would almost have to be included or the app couldn't position you in the world.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Done
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Done. For somebody as hopeless with directions as me, on-pist sat-nav is a great idea Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
done
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Done, I have an interest in augmented reality, just wondering what platform you are thinking of using, e.g. Metaio?

When I was looking at doing something with them the licensing costs seemed prohibitive, have you looked into those? Ive not looked at them for a few years now so would be interested to find out what they are like now if you know?

P.S. if you end up making this and need any help with 3D or the graphical elements of your App then drop me a message
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Done dude… Sounds like fun Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done - keep us posted on how things progress as it sounds great. And find that USP as I imagine lots of the current tracking apps are working towards this... Google seem to be 'street viewing' some runs now too.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
done mate
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy