Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train tickets zurich to Wengen what would you do?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does everyone buy the Swiss Transfer pass for transfers from airport to resort ?
or do you find it better to book specific dated tickets (hope I'm making sense here Embarassed )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends which is cheaper. You can still reserve seats on specified trains with the transfer pass from what I remember.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply, the transfer pass sounds very flexible but seems pricey.
But booking just ordinary tickets with specific times could be a problem , especially if our flight is late etc
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shaun, The Transfer Pass works out best for a long journey or with kids (they're free). Swiss Rail have a variety of ticket types, similar to here, you can get the prices for your journey on their website.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Claude B, I go from Geneva Airport to Wengen every year and the Swiss Transfer pass is the cheapest option
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A 2nd Class Adult return from Zurich airport to Wengen is (as of today) 170 CHF = £115.61 First Class 289.20 CHF =£196.67

A Swiss Transfer Ticket, £93 or £149 for First Class

Unless you have a Swiss half fare card (which many Swiss do) you are much better off with the Transfer Ticket, for what it's worth save the special panoramic trains I've never needed to book a seat in advance and have always found room for both myself and luggage

Now if the exchange rate were to suddenly change you might be better off buying tickets direct, however I seem to recall transfer tickets are revalued once or twice a year possibly just before Christmas so you may be better off buying now
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, Spot on Shaun, You can also collect your ticket at the station in Geneva/Zurich airport saving on postage costs for the ticket.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shaun wrote:
Thanks for your reply, the transfer pass sounds very flexible but seems pricey.
But booking just ordinary tickets with specific times could be a problem , especially if our flight is late etc

It seems rather obvious which is better.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What is the swiss transfer pass?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the info everyone , I shall order my transfer tickets today .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
peanuthead wrote:
What is the swiss transfer pass?

The Swiss Transfer pass is a special ticket for visitors to Switzerland (which cannot be bought once you arrive in Switzerland so must be bought beforehand) which covers return transfer from the Swiss border or any Swiss airport to any Swiss resort, see this
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A quick note, should you be lucky enough to be able to fly into Bern Airport and be going to Wengen/Murren/Grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken or any other nearby location it will be much cheaper to get a local ticket rather than a transfer ticket.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf wrote:
A quick note, should you be lucky enough to be able to fly into Bern Airport and be going to Wengen/Murren/Grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken or any other nearby location it will be much cheaper to get a local ticket rather than a transfer ticket.

Yes, and if there are a few of you to split the fare, then Jungfrau Taxi - http://jungfrau-taxi.ch/home/ will pick you up and have you at your destination in less than an hour.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Swiss Half Fare card is 175CHF for a year...there is some discount for your ski pass using it and also if there is bad weather you can take an easy trip somewhere else in CH...its really good value
http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/railpasses/half-fare-travelcard/1-2-or-3-year-half-fare-travelcard.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy